Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Future of IT : what conversations will look like...
#1

from another poker forum ... frightening

dude1 Wrote:
dude0 Wrote:I was at a live game last night playing $2/$5 NL Hold 'em. I'm to the left of the big blind and I have about $350 in front of me.

I'm dealt KQ offsuit, first to act and I raise to $25. Everyone else folds to the big blind who reraises to $50. I call.

The flop comes out K, 10, 8 rainbow. The big blind checks. I bet $100. Big blind calls.

The turn comes out with a Q. Big blind checks again. I go all-in for my remaining $200. Big blind calls.

The river is a J. Big blind beats out my two pair catching a straight on the river with pocket Aces.
Did I play this correctly? If my math is right, he was only 20% to catch a winning card.

Raising with this speculative hand from out of position is spooky at best. First KQo likes volume. If anyone behind you calls you're very often behind and sometimes way behind. What has the table condition been? Tight? Super loose passive? Aggressive? This must be considered prior to raising this hand up front.

Now you're min raised by the BB. This raise screams AA/KK to me, unless the BB is a total idiot. What's his play been like? Again, you must know the current situation. Is a he a loose maniac? Uber tight? Really passive? Either way that min raise scares the hell out of me but something stinks about it and you know it.

But you're priced in here so you call. OK I have no problem with that. Now you hit TP on the flop. he checks to you and you bet? Lets review, you have to put him on a monster hand, he min raised an ep raiser from out of position thus announcing great stregnth and after that he just checked to you. Why are you gonna bet this for him with TP second kicker. Is he min raising QQ preflop? or JJ? or AQ? Unlikely right. So at best you're drawing to three outs. WHy would you bet here? I just don't get it.

The turn is your gin card since its very unlikely he has AJ. The only thing you're afraid of here is KK right? Im betting here for sure. But lets not get crazy just yet. if he has KK (Unlikely to be sure) you're drawing dead, if he has AA you're a favorite but he has a good number of outs (any ace, jack, or ten). So you're in good shape and there's $100ish in the pot if you check behind on the flop. I put a bet out there of about $75, if he moves in I have a choice to make but Im probably calling.

On the river there was noc action since you got it in on the turn but if there was action his be size would be the major factor in my deciscion to call.
Reply
#2

N's working on a curling forum on crystalgrid. This will be riveting.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#3

Quote:if he moves in I have a choice to make but Im probably calling.

Agreed.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#4

I would have wanted to be the Big Blind in that example. Thanks.
Reply
#5

Those US curling broads were hot.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#6

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I would have wanted to be the Big Blind in that example. Thanks.

I was reading that as being the "big bling bling" and was picturing some kind of table with 50 cents, snarg (err no), snoop (yeah this one) and stuffl
Reply
#7

Dr. Lecter Wrote:N's working on a curling forum on crystalgrid. This will be riveting.

damn you're the dude coming from the Saskatchewan and got a crave for mooses doritos !


I knew it....
Reply
#8

I think your medication needs to be increased, I'll alert your pharmacist
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post by leeman
06-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Last Post by Michman
02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Last Post by Jimmy
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Wave Of The Future
Blueeyedwoman
Last Post by ntype
06-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Last Post by ntype
11-16-2005, 08:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)