Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

#1

what do you think about Jack White hookin up with Loretta Lynn? That first single "Portland, Oregon" is kinda funky in a retro kinda way but, it's saving grace is the guitar rifts.
Reply
#2

Bill Wrote:what do you think about Jack White hookin up with Loretta Lynn? That first single "Portland, Oregon" is kinda funky in a retro kinda way but, it's saving grace is the guitar rifts.

really the only parts Jack plays riffs on is in the beginning. the rest of it is on slide guitar, i don't think jack played that part but i'm not sure. i love it, the album is surprising good and you can definately tell Jack played a major influence on the producing. Jack's a throw back, he keeps it simple and still records his own songs on reel to reel. one of my top 2 favorite artists hands down.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#3

cLaY Wrote:really the only parts Jack plays riffs on is in the beginning. the rest of it is on slide guitar, i don't think jack played that part but i'm not sure. i love it, the album is surprising good and you can definately tell Jack played a major influence on the producing. Jack's a throw back, he keeps it simple and still records his own songs on reel to reel. one of my top 2 favorite artists hands down.

Yeah? I'm alittle skeptical but was watching CMT the other day and the video came on and was totally diggin the begining but to me it kinda went down hill from there. Was also shocked when I noticed it was White playing.
Reply
#4

Bill Wrote:Yeah? I'm alittle skeptical but was watching CMT the other day and the video came on and was totally diggin the begining but to me it kinda went down hill from there. Was also shocked when I noticed it was White playing.

Jack is working with one of his buddies from Detroit, I can't quite remember his name...anyways, they both used to have a band together, and this guy is gonna put out an album with Jack producing. They say its a big throw back to classic rock with Jack on guitar. I'll bump the link in the music forum if you're interested.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#5

na, I'm sure I'll come across it at some point.
Reply
#6

you know, you should check out Toby keith's "honky tonk u" I think you'd dig it.
Reply
#7

Bill Wrote:you know, you should check out Toby keith's "honky tonk u" I think you'd dig it.

i probably wouldn't Wink...

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#8

cLaY Wrote:i probably wouldn't Wink...

your right, too much like Waylon Jennings for you....
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
08-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Last Post by JCW
05-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Last Post by who
02-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)