Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Recent news on WWWW2 (World Wide Web War 2)
#1

IT is generally out of touch with the larger forum community, due to size and stuff, so here is what is happening on the nets currently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebaumsworld

read there, it talks about it at the bottom, below is a summary of the recent events:

Ebaumsworld is known for stealing content from other sites, well, yesterday, the admin stole a thing from YTMND called "Lindsay Lohan Never Changes Facial Expressions"(link in the wiki). This pissed off YTMNDers, and they set up an invasion. YTMND members come from many other large and medium size boards, who they also got involved. This is the largest war I've ever seen on the interweb.

Sites Involved as of 1/7/06:
YTMND
Newgrounds
4chan
adult swim
KNova
Fark
LUE
LUElinks
LivingWithStyle
D-Day
Something Awful Forums
and a few smaller web communities.

Shoot Straight . . . Conserve Ammo . . . And Never Ever Cut A Deal With A Dragon
Reply
#2

golly

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#3

sounds fun

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#4

Methinks they need to add uselessjunk.com to that list of attackee's

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#5

That is something pretty big among webmasters though, I am a member of some webmasters forums and ebaums world makes some huge cash from his site, stealing bandwidth and what not has pissed off alot of people among those types of sites, another one that is going through the ringer is shooshtime i think.
okay enough nerdy talk sorry.

Who
Broken

"This one time I went outside, the graphics were okay, but the game play sucked"  {Quote - Its Kyle}
Reply
#6

"YTMND-Day"

On January 7/8, 2006, YTMND, as well as 4chan, KNova, Khakain, Newgrounds, LUElinks, LUE, the Something Awful Forums, and others, invaded the eBaum's World forums. This attack was provoked by Eric Bauman's (the owner of eBaum's World) taking of a well known YTMND's background image, placing the eBaum's World watermark on it, and posting it on his site. "The Raid" or "YTMND-Day", as it is known by YTMND users, was planned to begin at 12:00 AM Eastern standard time, but many people began the attack earlier, shortly after 11:00 PM, causing forum database errors and the forums going down by 12:00, and continuing on for some time. They attack caused some problems, but they were promptly taken care of. Soon thereafter, a YTMND.com user hacked the eBaum's world forum in order to make any user who clicks on a link to it redirect to ytmnd.com. It should be noted that the members of ytmnd are experienced forum raiders and have much experience in getting around roadblocks that are placed in their way. They are also relatively well organised when their size is considered.

On January 8, 2006, Goldberg condemned the attack and had the following to say "I tried to stop this all when it was a snowball, but it just turned into an avalanche. I'd like to make an open statement to the community, in regards to DDoS. Don't do it. It sets a whole new precedent and will not end well, it affects a lot more than just ebaum's world and really crosses the line." He also called the attack a "vulgar display of power." He did note that he was amazed to see this many communities coming together, even if for a petty purpose. Noteably, near the end of Goldberg's statement, he links the term 'ebaumers' to the Wikipedia article homosexuality, clearly using the term as a derogative. [3]

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#7

SomethingAweful is a horrible forum - they are ban happy and make you pay 10 bucks to be a member I think, even if you pay they still ban you for anything.. yea worse then UJ- because I know that is what you will say..

Who
Broken

"This one time I went outside, the graphics were okay, but the game play sucked"  {Quote - Its Kyle}
Reply
#8

pfft, let them fight who cares?

:mad:Kiss my bender!:mad:
[url=http://anothersite.co.uk][/url]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by ncbiker
07-30-2014, 05:58 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
09-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Last Post by BrownStool
06-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)