Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

#1

good article

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?id=2290400

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#2

The big five is the greatest rivalry in college basketball. I went to St Joe's\temple last sunday at the Palestra. The Palestra is more historic college basketball wise than Cameron\Dean Dome combined, the mecca.If you are a college basketball fan you must go to a big five game in your lifetime.Its in downtown Philly, rich area its on Univ of Penn's campus and has been their gym since the 20's.Holds 4000 people, old bench style seating, four urinals in the whole place.There isnt a seat in the house where you dont feel like you are on top of the game.The game I saw was the first time they met since Chaney sent in that goon that broke that St Joes guys wrist.$6.00 tickets,I was in the St Joes student section but it was a 12:00 game and security was tight so nobody really acted up except to curse at the goon from temple.
While I agree the city is kind of turned off from sports these last few month because of TO overload I dont see Nova especially as high as they rank getting that much attention.The radio show that they mention is the highest rated in Philly but it sucks shit.That guy Cataldi is the guy who organized that busload of people that went up to New York and booed Mcnabb when the Eagles didnt draft Ricky Williams, the most embarassing Philadelphia sports episode ever.Its more of a station for people who dont follow sports except for the Flyers and Eagles but thats all they know and they really dont understand the games they are watching.By the time the tourament hits it will be big news but to the average philadelphian its wake me in March.

**EDIT**

I went back and re-read the article and was struck by this sentence"In Philly, you don't put Cheese Whiz on your cheesesteaks, and you don't mess with the Big 5.". Look at this menu and you'll see how wrong the author is.
http://www.patskingofsteaks.com/recipe.htm
At first I'm like who cares the author probably is from New York or something but its this bitch Dana Oneil who writes for the Daily News, the paper I buy.She's fucking horrible, all her storys are womens sports or the "crazy" fans at the game.Can you believe this cunt would act like the authority of Philadelphia college basketball and doesnt know what to put on a fucking cheese steak!!!UnFuckingbelievable.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Did Bird die?
Banana
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)