Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I hate teh New Intranets
#1

Here's what I hate.

1. When you pull up your browser, start to type something in the address line and before you now it you look up and you've been kicked down into the "search" bar.

2. When you pull up email, and the screen sits in one position for a few seconds and you try to click the box beside an email to "delete" it and right about the time you click, the screen width adjusts and your mouse is on top of the email and it opens some spam mail.

3. When you are going through some long link, several pages, and you get through 20 pages of bullshit looking for what you want and then suddenly you are linked to some advertising page. When you "back" out, you end up back at page 1 of this huge link you were navigating through and have to start over.

Discuss
Reply
#2

Yup Yup.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#3

4. You click a link from Google or whatever search engine you use, thinking the link has what you want. It doesn't and you click the back button, but instead of going back the site just reloads, trying to keep you there.
Reply
#4

Pong Wrote:4. You click a link from Google or whatever search engine you use, thinking the link has what you want. It doesn't and you click the back button, but instead of going back the site just reloads, trying to keep you there.

Exactly. So then you start fast clicking the back button several times and finally out fox the fucking thing, but then jump back past where you wanted to be.
Reply
#5

yes to all.
Reply
#6

When you're sliding into first and you feel something burst...

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#7

for point 4 you have to click on the down arrow next on the back button. It will provide you an historical navigation and will allow you to go back even 4 steps.

that's a cool feature.

you :
Reply
#8

When I link something from my photobucket, then go to post something entirely different and the same image comes up instead of the new one I intended.
Reply
#9

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:When I link something from my photobucket, then go to post something entirely different and the same image comes up instead of the new one I intended.

Holy shit, that has happened to me countless times. You "copy" something and it remembers the previous "copy" instead. Nearly made some major fuckups with that one.
Reply
#10

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:When I link something from my photobucket, then go to post something entirely different and the same image comes up instead of the new one I intended.

it's a copy/paste problem; applications don't always share the same clipboard space (although it's quite rare).

that or it's a PEGCAC problem.
Reply
#11

ntype Wrote:it's a copy/paste problem; applications don't always share the same clipboard space (although it's quite rare).

that or it's a PEGCAC problem.
ahah is a copypaste problem; applications do not always share the same clipboard space although it is quite rare. I suppose that makes sense."How did you know" or it is a PEGCAC problem ?
I get

How did you know

.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#12

I hate it when I get this message: Firefox has encountered a problem and must close all your windows.

Then it closes everything I had open, fuck!
Reply
#13

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Here's what I hate.

1. When you pull up your browser, start to type something in the address line and before you now it you look up and you've been kicked down into the "search" bar.

2. When you pull up email, and the screen sits in one position for a few seconds and you try to click the box beside an email to "delete" it and right about the time you click, the screen width adjusts and your mouse is on top of the email and it opens some spam mail.

3. When you are going through some long link, several pages, and you get through 20 pages of bullshit looking for what you want and then suddenly you are linked to some advertising page. When you "back" out, you end up back at page 1 of this huge link you were navigating through and have to start over.

Discuss

1. If you go into the internet options of internet explorer (cause this behavior is a prime example of Microsoft thinking that you are too dumb to use a putar) anyhow there is somewhere there an option about "going to search page and stuff, going the first web page or doing nutin." well if you choose "do nutin" you'll have fixed that behavior.

2. your putar is slow and takes ages refreshing things. Many things could be there in cause : low memory, low-end computar needing a change, buggy software (you are using ms outlook there I feel) well in your case if your pst (the main "personal folder") is too big you can have that strange and whacky behavior (create a new one for the archiving). End option is that you are ridden of spywares and shit like that, you are using some kind of "norton antivirus" and he tells you "hey dude all's ok" alas in fact you have more viruses, spywares and rootkits than a chineses script kiddie could ever dream of. Ya need a new putar with linux on it.

For your spam problem I shall advice you to use a free tool called "spambayes" who will integrate himself into outlook and will do a huge and really impressive work of spam sorting. We use it at work and I tell you that I rarely see spam at all. it just need to be trained (that's the beauty of that..he will learn that you like that strange spam who talks about being chained and whipped by dwarves)

3. you are using outdated technology some updates are needed or some patience, for example around here my browser (firefox 2.0x) brings me back WHERE I WAS on that list. Well that and some ad blocking stuff ...I am done.
Reply
#14

Blueeyedwoman Wrote:I hate it when I get this message: Firefox has encountered a problem and must close all your windows.

Then it closes everything I had open, fuck!

happens rarely around here, but clearly some versions of FF where shitty instable (2.0 wasn't that good and I often wondered why I quitted 1.5.7 *now I don't rememberr if it was the other end, ahah* nyhow...). Usually there's the restore session and stuff who works (well seems a random feature, I found out to make it do ALL THE TIME but I was like hey I can't choose when ? 'cause fiddling into the options isn't always the thing you have time to do (type "about:config" in the url bar /without the "/ you'll understand)
Reply
#15

speak English douchebag
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
02-10-2020, 10:41 PM
Last Post by suzy
07-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
05-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Last Post by Blondie
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Last Post by Banana
01-07-2009, 08:08 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)