Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Bird, cLaY, and other college basketball fans...
#1

What did you guys think of Iowa States hiring of Fred Hoiberg? I have to admit, I was baffled by it but have started to come around a little. Just want to discuss something besides the two dumbfucks.
Reply
#2

First I heard of it really.Its kind of hilarious.Knew he was trying to be a head coach.Seems like a good fit but two things struck me when I looked it up.

Hoiberg agreed to a five-year contract with a base salary of $800,000.-thats not per year right?

Hoiberg was the Vice President of Basketball Operations with the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves this season after spending three years as the team's assistant general manager.-So he was second in command to the guy who drafted Rickey Rubio over Stephen Curry?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

i like his nickname

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#4

I found it kind of odd that they hired him within a day of McDermott leaving town. Everyone kind of figured this year was it for Gregg anyway, but I think they made a quick hire and one they had thought of ahead of time that would make a splash among ISU fans. What else can they do, really?

There are intensifing talks that KU and others in the Big 12 may go to the Big 10 to form a 16 team super conference. Nebraska and Missouri would be other teams involved.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#5

I think the whole thing will depend if Hoiberg hires the right assistants. He needs a guy that has a lot of experience. He has already got the fan base behind him. I think he'll do just fine with recruiting. It's the inexperience that he has with coaching that concerns me. I know you might not agree Bird, but ISU was a pretty respectable basketball school at one time. I'm sure Clay can back me up on this. This hire will either be a grand slam or ruin Hoiberg's legacy and cost the AD his job.

Clay, I don't think KU will be headed to the Big 10. They won't bring enough TVs. Plus if Mizzou goes they will get their KC market right there. The problem with the Big 12 is Texas.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Did Bird die?
Banana
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)