Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Michigan got screwed.
#81

BIRD33 Wrote:I like orange Favoride the best.

I thought your people were all about Kool-Aid?
Reply
#82

what? Wrote:after all the fanfare of the foolery farewell tour, I didn't want you to show back up on Jan 2 expecting something from me. don't look back bro

That's very sweet of you to think about another man's feelings. Typical SEC fan behavior.

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#83

SEC is the best conference.

Using the words Big 10 and "scholar" in the same sentence has got to be an oxymoron.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#84

what? Wrote:I thought your people were all about Kool-Aid?


You people?We're all brothers and sisters here What?.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#85

BIRD33 Wrote:SEC is the best conference.

Using the words Big 10 and "scholar" in the same sentence has got to be an oxymoron.


I saw a graduation rate story the other day. I was surprised at the results.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#86

BIRD33 Wrote:SEC is the best conference.

Using the words Big 10 and "scholar" in the same sentence has got to be an oxymoron.


If Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin all win their bowl games will you change your answer?

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#87

SanDog Wrote:As long as we are comparing, I did not go to USC. I figure Bird got his undergrad at Duke, and did his PhD at ND.


Something like that.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#88

TomFoolery Wrote:If Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin all win their bowl games will you change your answer?


No.Year after year the SEC is better.You rate Wisconsin a lot higher than most would.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#89

SanDog Wrote:I saw a graduation rate story the other day. I was surprised at the results.


I think I saw the same thing.OH St. not graduating a lot is no shocker.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#90

BIRD33 Wrote:No.Year after year the SEC is better.You rate Wisconsin a lot higher than most would.

OK. So if the Big 10 has the National Champion (after beating an SEC team), the Rose Bowl Champion (after beating a Pac-10 team), and another team in the end-of-year Top 5 rankings (after beating another SEC team), then they still aren't the best conference?

How is that possible?

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#91

TomFoolery Wrote:OK. So if the Big 10 has the National Champion (after beating an SEC team), the Rose Bowl Champion (after beating a Pac-10 team), and another team in the end-of-year Top 5 rankings (after beating another SEC team), then they still aren't the best conference?

How is that possible?


Best means more then one year correct?SEC has better football teams year in and year out.Thats the bottom line.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#92

BIRD33 Wrote:Best means more then one year correct?SEC has better football teams year in and year out.Thats the bottom line.
Oh, you are a poet.
Where did SEC get better football teams year in and year out?Yes it is one of the bottom line.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#93

TomFoolery Wrote:OK. So if the Big 10 has the National Champion (after beating an SEC team), the Rose Bowl Champion (after beating a Pac-10 team), and another team in the end-of-year Top 5 rankings (after beating another SEC team), then they still aren't the best conference?

How is that possible?

year after year it's the SEC, as much for how many of it's teams get knocked out of national contention in conference play as for any other reason. if Wisconsin had played Ohio State this year, they'd be a 2 loss team. instead, the only currently ranked teams on their schedule are a loss to Michigan and a date with Arkansas. UGA by comparison lost to the #9 and #13 teams and beat #5 and #16 (and they are middle of the road in the SEC this year)
Reply
#94

Uhmmm ...


Sports Forum .... Think I should rename it to "Why should I try to post in here when I don't have a clue, I'll just start a thread in GF"

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#95

leeman Wrote:Uhmmm ...


Sports Forum .... Think I should rename it to "Why should I try to post in here when I don't have a clue, I'll just start a thread in GF"
I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time.
Are you a student?
Program E is always thinking.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#96

Buckeyes Forfeit Championship To Avoid Facing Mighty SEC


COLUMBUS, OH--The BCS title game is still a month away, but it looks like the Florida Gators have already won. That's because the Ohio State Buckeyes, the number one team in the nation, have unexpectedly forfeited the game in order to avoid facing the wrath of the mighty SEC, the toughest conference in all of college football.

"As you all know, the Florida Gators hail from the Southeastern Conference, a powerhouse conference that is the toughest, grittiest, and most talented in all the nation," said Buckeyes coach Jim Tressel. "As good as we are, we're not stupid enough to put ourselves in the potentially embarrassing situation of having to face the SEC champion. We're a good team, but the SEC plays on a whole different level as the rest of the nation. In fact, I'd like to someday be an SEC coach, though I probably wouldn't cut the mustard because SEC coaches are hard-nosed warriors and I'm kind of a dork."

Tressel also pointed out that Florida spent its season playing against other SEC opponents while Ohio State played against teams from the inferior Big 10 conference.

"We've never seen a team like Florida before," said Tressel. "We have not had a taste of SEC football at all. The best team we've played this year is Michigan, and those guys are from the Big 10, which is like the SEC Jr. Florida, on other hand, has played Alabama, Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia. Read that list again. You think we could have handled all those teams? Not likely. And I don't even want to think what an SEC defense would do to our poor little Troy Smith. Bye bye Heisman, hello full body cast. No thanks. We'll skip the game and live to suck another day."

Upon hearing the news of Ohio State's forfeit, members of the Florida Gators were outraged. The Gators were looking forward to the opportunity to face the Buckeyes on national television and give them a little taste of a good old fashioned SEC-style butt kicking.

"We wanted a shot at these guys and now they're backing down," said head coach Urban Meyer. "It's not fair. We worked so hard to play and defeat the number one team in the country. Never mind how sloppy we played against Arkansas. Arkansas is an SEC opponent, a super team like us. Those games are wars of attrition. Just getting out alive is an accomplishment. That's why we were looking forward to a nice, relaxing, breezy victory against a non-SEC opponent. Can't we at least play Michigan? Please? Come on, we promise not to run up the score. We'll put our backups in as soon as we hit 65 points."

Unfortunately for Meyer, the decision has already been made. A message on the front page of the Ohio State Buckeyes web site read "Congratulations to the Florida Gators on winning the 2006 NCAA National Championship." Even quarterback Troy Smith has given up on the championship and started focusing on the upcoming NFL draft.

"The team has made their decision and we just have to go along with that," said Smith as he was cleaning out his locker at Ohio State. "Of course, we all would have liked the opportunity to play for the title, but clearly the best team has prevailed, and frankly, we saved ourselves some embarrassment and probably some pretty serious injuries. I am entering the NFL draft this year and the last thing I need is for scouts to see me throwing interceptions and being sacked and openly weeping while those SEC defenders stand over me flexing their muscles. It's better to quit now and let them think I can actually play."

According to NCAA rules, there is no rule prohibiting a team from forfeiting a title game. Now the NCAA is faced with a decision; find a replacement team to play Florida or cancel the title game altogether.

"It's technically legal for a team to forfeit this game, but it's never actually happened before," said NCAA president Myles Brand. "So it's up to us to find a solution to this problem. We could use the opportunity to allow a more deserving team to play for the championship. How about Florida versus LSU or Florida versus Auburn? How about Florida versus Vanderbilt? Kentucky? You put Kentucky in the Big 10 and they're probably finishing at 11-1. Actually, forget all that. Why don’t we just have Florida, the SEC champ, take the field on January 8th and just stand there and let the crowd get a look at what true awesomeness is all about? That could backfire, though, if the fans get intimidated and run for their lives."

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#97

what? Wrote:year after year it's the SEC, as much for how many of it's teams get knocked out of national contention in conference play as for any other reason. if Wisconsin had played Ohio State this year, they'd be a 2 loss team. instead, the only currently ranked teams on their schedule are a loss to Michigan and a date with Arkansas. UGA by comparison lost to the #9 and #13 teams and beat #5 and #16 (and they are middle of the road in the SEC this year)

I fucked up the rankings (looking at the espn team pages), but the gist is the same. the badgers have played one currently ranked opponent, and lost by 2 touchdowns. UGA lost to #2 and #17 (or 18 depending on the poll), and beat #10 and #25 (27)
Reply
#98

TomFoolery Wrote:That's very sweet of you to think about another man's feelings. Typical SEC fan behavior.

after this response I'd go to copy/pasting also
Reply
#99

I was wondering if it was me living on the east coast as the reason I never really heard about wisconsin or even considered them as in the championship hunt so I went to their schedule.Its a fucking joke.What a big ten powerhouse.Who did they really beat?Penn St. coming down after a fluke year?Overrated.



Bowling Green 35-14 W
Western Illinois 34-10 W
San Diego State 14-0 W
at Michigan 13-27 L
at Indiana 52-17 W
Northwestern 41-9 W
Minnesota 48-12 W
Purdue 24-3 W
ET Illinois 30-24 W
Penn State 13-3 W
Iowa 24-21 W
Buffalo 35-3

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I was wondering if it was me living on the east coast as the reason I never really heard about wisconsin or even considered them as in the championship hunt so I went to there schedule.Its a fucking joke.What a big ten powerhouse.Who did they really beat?Penn St. coming down after a fluke year?Overrated.



Bowling Green 35-14 W
Western Illinois 34-10 W
San Diego State 14-0 W
at Michigan 13-27 L
at Indiana 52-17 W
Northwestern 41-9 W
Minnesota 48-12 W
Purdue 24-3 W
ET Illinois 30-24 W
Penn State 13-3 W
Iowa 24-21 W
Buffalo 35-3
I can't tell if it does or not.

Try searching the open directory.regionalethnic conflicts going back centuries as well as geopolitics can be boiled down to a simple ant problem in someones back yard is a fucking joke. I suppose that makes sense.

big ten powerhouse

is a big ten powerhouse.George Washington.What do you have that is ?
Where are you located?
Can we get back to business?
Not many people express themselves that way.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ntype
09-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Last Post by ntype
01-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)