Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

$1000 NFL Betting Thread 2009-2010
#81

BIRD33 Wrote:$1000

Eagles -3 vs Chicago $50

Pittsburgh -10 vs KC $50

Indy -1 Vs Baltimore $25

$1025

See You In Toledo
Reply
#82

Anhil8tor Wrote:$1125

Houston (-4) vs Tenn
Indy (-1) at Bmore
New England (-10) vs Jets
Washington (+13) at Dallas
Jax (-8) vs Buffalo

1200 Plus tonights game...
Reply
#83

$1025

Chargers -13 Vs. Browns $50

Eagles -5.5 Vs. Atlanta $25

Vikings -3 Vs. Minnesota $25

Houston -1 Vs. Jacksonville $25

See You In Toledo
Reply
#84

BIRD33 Wrote:$1025

Chargers -13 Vs. Browns $50

Eagles -5.5 Vs. Atlanta $25

Vikings -3 Vs. Minnesota $25

Houston -1 Vs. Jacksonville $25

wtf??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#85

snarg Wrote:wtf??

Arizona

See You In Toledo
Reply
#86

nice pick

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#87

Mcnabb to the Niners now?Part of me thinks we're treating the best QB in franchise history a little shabbily but the other part says fuck him, he puked in the superbowl.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#88

BIRD33 Wrote:Mcnabb to the Niners now?Part of me thinks we're treating the best QB in franchise history a little shabbily but the other part says fuck him, he puked in the superbowl.

I want this so bad!

Give them that 2nd rounder....
Reply
#89

I guess for a franchise that hasnt had a legitimate QB since the 90's this makes sense.To me he can help you win a division because that division sucks but really what else does he bring before he's basically done in 3 years?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#90

BIRD33 Wrote:I guess for a franchise that hasnt had a legitimate QB since the 90's this makes sense.To me he can help you win a division because that division sucks but really what else does he bring before he's basically done in 3 years?

what did favre bring??
shit, that would be a tremendous upgrade for the winers

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#91

I would take a division champion ship after a decade plus of irrelevance.
Reply
#92

Stunned is how I felt when I heard about the trade to the skins.I guess the Eagles arent really afraid of playing Mcnabb twice a year.I'm not either.Skins as usual seem to be overpaying for short term gains.I heard they might try to get Clausen with their first rd pick but they need an O lineman a lot more.Where are the skins going to be in 3 years when Mcnabb is done?I'm excited to see the Kolb\Vick era start up.I think they can win games because of the talent they have on offense but the defense needs to improve to the point where the offense has the just don't lose it mentality.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#93

shocked

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#94

Brian Baldinger: Eagles have no regret
The Eagles should be ecstatic. I view McNabb as a flawed player, and it was never more apparent than in the back-to-back losses to the Cowboys last season. His flaws will never go away. Now, the Eagles get at least two chances to expose the same flaws they've been covering up for 11 years. It works against the Redskins that McNabb is still in the division. Andy Reid can finally stop covering up for one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the history of the game. The Eagles will go to the playoffs. The Redskins will be watching from the golf course.

I think the majority of Philly is leaning this way.

I heard Mcnabbs redskin press conference and one thing he said was he's never complained about his treatment by the media in Philly.The philly radio station I was listening to it on then played about a decades worth of clips of Donovan and even his mommy and daddy complaining about his treatment by the media.That in a nutshell is why Philly and Mcnabb were oil and water.He's a dishonest person who makes excuses and points fingers.Remember last season when he blamed his poor performance on young guys like Desean Jackson not knowing the offense?Jackson was pissed and Mcnabb had to walk it back and smooth it over.Good luck Washington.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#95

mcnabb is one of the best qb's of his era
they all have flaws

are you gonna tell me now that he is gone that he was no good??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#96

snarg Wrote:mcnabb is one of the best qb's of his era
they all have flaws

are you gonna tell me now that he is gone that he was no good??

I agree with Baldinger that he is one of the most overrated QB's ever.He can win games during the regular season.Playoffs he's a choke artist.Puked in the super bowl, lost NFC title games while favored, lost to the Cardinals two years ago in the NFC title game despite being down a few points with the ball on the cards 45 with less then 2 minutes to go.Thats the only body of work that matters.Guys servicable no doubt but not a winner.I'd compare him to Patrick Ewing but thats an insult to Ewing since he had heart.This isnt Buffalo where we are just happy to be in the league.Add in the fact the guy has a history of being disingenuous and pointing fingers as well as crying about criticism in a hard nosed town that doesnt take well to whiners whose parents speak for them(Lindros) and its easy to see why he's not really missed.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#97

BIRD33 Wrote:I agree with Baldinger that he is one of the most overrated QB's ever.He can win games during the regular season.Playoffs he's a choke artist.Puked in the super bowl, lost NFC title games while favored, lost to the Cardinals two years ago in the NFC title game despite being down a few points with the ball on the cards 45 with less then 2 minutes to go.Thats the only body of work that matters.Guys servicable no doubt but not a winner.I'd compare him to Patrick Ewing but thats an insult to Ewing since he had heart.This isnt Buffalo where we are just happy to be in the league.Add in the fact the guy has a history of being disingenuous and pointing fingers as well as crying about criticism in a hard nosed town that doesnt take well to whiners whose parents speak for them(Lindros) and its easy to see why he's not really missed.


fair enough
he was still one of the best of his era

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#98

snarg Wrote:fair enough
he was still one of the best of his era

Not sure how how a choker can be considered best of an era but ok.Weak standards I guess.

We got blown the fuck out this game.Good luck washington.
[Image: 1ta.gif]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#99

BIRD33 Wrote:Not sure how how a choker can be considered best of an era but ok.Weak standards I guess.

We got blown the fuck out this game.Good luck washington.
[Image: 1ta.gif]


look at his record
how many teams would have been better if they had mcnabb rather than the bum they did have??
how many would not have gladly traded their qb for him??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

I get it but only teams that don't really care about winning a super bowl would trade for him.Low expectations do not mean a guy was great.He was good not great.Great QB's win big games.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banana
01-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post by Devious
12-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post by Ntype
10-27-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post by snarg
01-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post by ncbiker
07-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)