Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Teacher get's relocated?
#1

N.J. Teacher Reassigned After Supporting Bush At School
Teacher May Seek Legal Help



SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- A South Brunswick middle school teacher was reassigned Friday after district officials concluded that she was using her classroom to show support for President Bush in next month's election.

Shiba Pillai-Diaz, a first-year language arts teacher at Crossroads Middle School, has been reassigned to another teaching position at a different school in the district.

Diaz said Friday that she was satisfied with her new assignment. The move was announced in a brief statement released by South Brunswick Superintendent of Schools Gary McCartney.

Diaz left her position at Crossroads on Oct. 1 and will start at her new school on Wednesday.

The district posted a statement on its Web site on Oct. 3 asserting that Diaz told students, "You should be ashamed to be a Democrat," and engaged in other partisan activity.

Diaz, 33, a registered Republican, denied making the statement or espousing any partisan views in class.

"I'm pursuing my legal options in terms of restoring my reputation," Diaz said.

She said she posted the president's portrait on a school bulletin board because Bush is the chief executive, not because he is a Republican.

McCartney was unavailable for comment Friday, his office said.

The district statement also said an elephant plush toy that Diaz placed in her classroom was interpreted by students as a Republican symbol. Diaz said the elephant had been a gift from an 8-year-old student in New York City, and called that assertion by district officials, "the silliest thing I've ever heard."

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#2

Personally I think thats damn ridiculous . That is really taking things to far . I do hope she sues that school . I cannot see how children that young can think of an elephant as a democrat.. heck kids that young know so little about politics that had to come from an adults mouth . Also having bush's picture in a school should be mandatory as he is the leader of your country . It seems to me that these days school boards are judge jury and executioners ..

[Image: vel.png]
Reply
#3

Quote:Originally posted by Velvet@Oct 11 2004, 08:02 AM
Personally I think thats damn ridiculous . That is really taking things to far . I do hope she sues that school . I cannot see how children that young can think of an elephant as a democrat.. heck kids that young know so little about politics that had to come from an adults mouth . Also having bush's picture in a school should be mandatory as he is the leader of your country . It seems to me that these days school boards are judge jury and executioners ..
[snapback]84739[/snapback]


I know, this is the land of FREE....as long as you do what "BIG BROTHER" asks of you

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#4

Correct me if I am wrong, but her kids can't vote right?:S
Reply
#5

Politicial correctness is out of control!

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#6

Had they been assertions that she was pro-Kerry you would not have heard a word about this. Today's schools are so pro-liberal in their cirriculum and their employent (i.e. techers unions) that any conservative message WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. That is why my five year old is getting home schooled right now. Well one of the reasons anyway.
Reply
#7

"You should be ashamed to be a Democrat,"

great teaching there. dumb ass.
Reply
#8

Sorry. I only had time to read the title of the article. What's all this about a teacher getting reassigned?

[Image: line.gif]
Reply
#9

She should be burned at the stake for supporting such an idiot.

Vote for Kodos.
[Image: kodos.gif]


----Just saying.....

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#10

Quote:Originally posted by Beaucephus@Oct 11 2004, 12:33 PM
Had they been assertions that she was pro-Kerry you would not have heard a word about this. Today's schools are so pro-liberal in their cirriculum and their employent (i.e. techers unions) that any conservative message WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. That is why my five year old is getting home schooled right now. Well one of the reasons anyway.
[snapback]84779[/snapback]
Which is why about half of my teachers in high school had conservative leanings. But in public schools a teacher is not allowed to show their political affiliations, since it could influence students based on teacher opinion.

Keep your kid out of schools though beau, they don't need the social interaction.
Reply
#11

Quote:Originally posted by CodeWarrior@Oct 11 2004, 07:06 PM
Which is why about half of my teachers in high school had conservative leanings. But in public schools a teacher is not allowed to show their political affiliations, since it could influence students based on teacher opinion.

Keep your kid out of schools though beau, they don't need the social interaction.
[snapback]85349[/snapback]

I'm not really sure what you are implying here CW. But allow me to assure you he gets plenty of social interaction being the fact the homeschooling association holds two events per week where the kids can get together and play. They also hold 1 event per weekend (BBQ, Park ETC....) for the purposes of the social interaction aforementioned here. My 5 year old has had 3 open heart surgeries and while he is fairly normal for the most part (i.e. running playing and such) he still requires a bit of supervision and a strict medicinal schedule. So there are other reasons for his home schooling just so you know.
Reply
#12

Quote:Originally posted by Beaucephus@Oct 12 2004, 06:37 PM
I'm not really sure what you are implying here CW. But allow me to assure you he gets plenty of social interaction being the fact the homeschooling association holds two events per week where the kids can get together and play. They also hold 1 event per weekend (BBQ, Park ETC....) for the purposes of the social interaction aforementioned here. My 5 year old has had 3 open heart surgeries and while he is fairly normal for the most part (i.e. running playing and such) he still requires a bit of supervision and a strict medicinal schedule. So there are other reasons for his home schooling just so you know.
[snapback]85652[/snapback]

My best wishes to your son.

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#13

Quote:Originally posted by Beaucephus@Oct 12 2004, 01:37 PM
I'm not really sure what you are implying here CW. But allow me to assure you he gets plenty of social interaction being the fact the homeschooling association holds two events per week where the kids can get together and play. They also hold 1 event per weekend (BBQ, Park ETC....) for the purposes of the social interaction aforementioned here. My 5 year old has had 3 open heart surgeries and while he is fairly normal for the most part (i.e. running playing and such) he still requires a bit of supervision and a strict medicinal schedule. So there are other reasons for his home schooling just so you know.
[snapback]85652[/snapback]
Ahh I see now. In the area where I grew up we didn't have a lot of home schoolled kids, so I was not aware of a homeschooling association, my bad dog.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sparks
04-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Last Post by ntype
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Last Post by Jesse Antarctica
03-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Last Post by Jesse Antarctica
02-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Last Post by Suicide Jim
07-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Last Post by Hambone
04-07-2004, 05:27 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)