07-27-2006, 09:53 PM
81 deaths attributed to California heat wave
âRelief coming, if you can call 105 reliefâ forecaster says
SAN FRANCISCO - There have been so many deaths from Californiaâs lingering heat wave that authorities in one county began stacking bodies two to a gurney.
Twenty people have died in Fresno County alone, about a quarter of the statewide toll of 81 deaths attributed to the heat. Coroner Loralee Cervantes said Wednesday that decomposition was making the causes of death difficult to determine and the office was running out of space.
Outside, the temperature on Wednesday approached 110 degrees.
I'm dying over here. Can you imagine how fucking hot it is on a tennis court? ugh. I'll be all up in it today for three hours.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14003245/
âRelief coming, if you can call 105 reliefâ forecaster says
SAN FRANCISCO - There have been so many deaths from Californiaâs lingering heat wave that authorities in one county began stacking bodies two to a gurney.
Twenty people have died in Fresno County alone, about a quarter of the statewide toll of 81 deaths attributed to the heat. Coroner Loralee Cervantes said Wednesday that decomposition was making the causes of death difficult to determine and the office was running out of space.
Outside, the temperature on Wednesday approached 110 degrees.
I'm dying over here. Can you imagine how fucking hot it is on a tennis court? ugh. I'll be all up in it today for three hours.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14003245/

