Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Notre Dame is not a very good football team.
#1

That is all.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#2

They are good.
They take too many risks when they get down.
Reply
#3

They've lost to the #2 team in the nation twice.They are horrible!!

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:They've lost to the #2 team in the nation twice.They are horrible!!
My brain contains 43347 categories, but not one that matches your last input.
horrible are
horrible
.

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#5

BIRD33 Wrote:They've lost to the #2 team in the nation twice.They are horrible!!


They took a beat down. They would be beaten more often if they were more interested in getting better than winning the Commander in Chief Cup.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#6

SanDog Wrote:They took a beat down. They would be beaten more often if they were more interested in getting better than winning the Commander in Chief Cup.

You are confusing Notre Dame with just a regular college football team.They have a shot every year regardless of who is on their schedule and I think you know it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

BIRD33 Wrote:You are confusing Notre Dame with just a regular college football team.They have a shot every year regardless of who is on their schedule and I think you know it.
I am sorry, , I didn't mean to confuse you.Where did they get them?

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:You are confusing Notre Dame with just a regular college football team.They have a shot every year regardless of who is on their schedule and I think you know it.


This line of thinking changes a little more every year. The charade is coming to an end. It is a matter of time until Weiss realizes it and bails. Hopefully Davies will come back.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#9

SanDog Wrote:This line of thinking changes a little more every year. The charade is coming to an end. It is a matter of time until Weiss realizes it and bails. Hopefully Davies will come back.


If you had a single fact to back up your arguement about the charade coming to an end that would be nice.Does the fact that the 10th ranked BCS team is still getting a BCS bowl for no other reason than it's Notre Dame kind of sink that logic?They are the Yankees of college football and thats never changing.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

BIRD33 Wrote:If you had a single fact to back up your arguement about the charade coming to an end that would be nice.Does the fact that the 10th ranked BCS team is still getting a BCS bowl for no other reason than it's Notre Dame kind of sink that logic?They are the Yankees of college football and thats never changing.

You think that more and more people are not jumping on the playoff bandwagon because of this? That is your fact. You are still hurting from Saturday aren't you?

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#11

SanDog Wrote:You think that more and more people are not jumping on the playoff bandwagon because of this? That is your fact. You are still hurting from Saturday aren't you?


I am hurting.I don't see any more of a push for a playoff than other years.In fact the 1 and 2 team are playing so in most peoples minds the system worked.Who plays for 3rd place is a non factor to most people.I'm for playoffs but I'm a realist and it's never happening.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

Hi. Fuck Notre Dame.

Those faggots barely beat The 4-8 Michigan State Spartans. They played two decent teams all year and got fucked in the ass twice with No Vaseline ('sup Ice Cube).

I'm upset because the 1 loss and #7 ranked Wisconsin Badgers are going to get shunned from a BCS game because of a flawed system.

Let's discuss.

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#13

TomFoolery Wrote:Hi. Fuck Notre Dame.

Those faggots barely beat The 4-8 Michigan State Spartans. They played two decent teams all year and got fucked in the ass twice with No Vaseline ('sup Ice Cube).

I'm upset because the 1 loss and #7 ranked Wisconsin Badgers are going to get shunned from a BCS game because of a flawed system.

Let's discuss.

Wisconsin is not Notre Dame.Sorry slugger but the sooner you get that the easier it will be to understand.Second rate teams (Wisconsin) do not get the benefit of the doubt top tier (ND) teams get and must run the table to get into a BSC title game.Thats the real world, learn to live with it.

Since when does it matter if you barely beat someone?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

I heard somewhere that Alvarez is in the running for the miami job...
Reply
#15

BIRD33 Wrote:Wisconsin is not Notre Dame.
I know. Wisconsin has only one loss and plays in an actual conference against decent teams.


BIRD33 Wrote:Sorry slugger but the sooner you get that the easier it will be to understand.
Great.


BIRD33 Wrote:Second rate teams (Wisconsin) do not get the benefit of the doubt top tier (ND) teams get and must run the table to get into a BSC title game.
I'm pretty sure you lost the right to call Wisconsin a second-rate team once they jumped above Notre Dame in today's BCS standings.


BIRD33 Wrote:Thats the real world, learn to live with it.
I'm trying, friend. Notre Dame getting a BCS bid won't help.


BIRD33 Wrote:Since when does it matter if you barely beat someone?
I'm pretty sure that's part of the computer ranking.





(6) Michigan 27, Wisconsin 13
(11) Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21

Wisconsin 24, Purdue 3
Notre Dame 35, Purdue 21

Wisconsin 13, Penn State 3
Notre Dame 41, Penn State 17



I guess Wisconsin needed to get beaten by USC by 20 to get a BCS bid?

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#16

Wisconsin is a second rate team no matter their record compared to ND every year and thats the way it will always be.This isnt bravado from a Notre Dame fan its the reality of the situation.If it wasnt true ND wouldnt be favored to be playing Michigan in the 3rd place game with two losses albeit quality losses.Basically ND is the shit because of two things, history and money.My question is why all you crybabies bitch and moan about the BCS system and mean while follow baseball where the Yankee's and Redsox dominate the free agent market for the same history and money reasons.Whats the difference?Second tier teams, the Wisconsins, PSU's, Mich St's etc.. need to run the table or at least have the best record to win it all and thats just the way it is.Is it fair, no.Oh well.

Barley beating a weaker team is not a BCS stat.

Notre Dame killed Purdue and the score isnt representive of what went on.

I dont get how ND beating the shit out of PSU compared to Wisconsin helped your arguement.

If USC played Wisconsin they would kill them and none of the stats you posted convince me that ND wouldnt trounce Wisconsin.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#17

So what you're saying is that there are better teams out there--based on the AP Poll, Coaches' Poll, and a computer ranking system--that don't deserve a shot at the big money bowls because they don't have the history and money that Notre Dame does?

Interesting. It's too bad the football games they played don't have something to do with it.


Your Yankees/Red Sox argument is flawed. The moment that a selection committee decides who gets into the playoffs based on factors other than win/loss record is when it will start to make sense.

Strength of victory is a BCS stat.

I was comparing the three games in which Wisconsin played the same teams as Notre Dame.

Do I think Notre Dame would beat Wisconsin? It depends. Are we basing the argument and/or comparisons between the two on BCS/football game or popularity rankings?


P.S. Notre Dame didn't play any #2 teams this year. They played a #3 (USC) and a #11 (Michigan).

BIRD33 Wrote:Im guessing BEW's vag loks like a hotdog that exploded in the microwave.
Reply
#18

TomFoolery Wrote:So what you're saying is that there are better teams out there--based on the AP Poll, Coaches' Poll, and a computer ranking system--that don't deserve a shot at the big money bowls because they don't have the history and money that Notre Dame does?

I think if you read my post closer you'll see thats not what I think.I just stated the reality of the situation.Does it work out for my team?Yes it does.

Interesting. It's too bad the football games they played don't have something to do with it.

Yea that is to bad.


Your Yankees/Red Sox argument is flawed. The moment that a selection committee decides who gets into the playoffs based on factors other than win/loss record is when it will start to make sense.

Would you say allowing a team to have a 300 to 400 % higher payroll than some teams helps decide which teams have a better shot at getting into the playoffs?Same thing.

Strength of victory is a BCS stat.

I was comparing the three games in which Wisconsin played the same teams as Notre Dame.


Do I think Notre Dame would beat Wisconsin? It depends. Are we basing the argument and/or comparisons between the two on BCS/football game or popularity rankings?

I'm basing it on ND's offense being better.

P.S. Notre Dame didn't play any #2 teams this year. They played a #3 (USC) and a #11 (Michigan).

You know what I mean.Besides Michigan what was the highest rank team Wisconsin played?I really don't know the answer to that.


Of course I think the BCS is fucked up but I think people only care when its close and when you look at the changes that would need to be made to have a playoff its almost impossible and even then how do you determine without rankings and computers who is the last team to make the playoff and who is what seed?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#19

all the other college divisions have a playoff system in palce

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#20

snarg Wrote:all the other college divisions have a playoff system in palce

Nobody makes billions including the universitys off DIII playoff games.You are basically flushing 150 years of college tradition down the toilet.I'd be for it if they could work it around the current bowl structures but that doesnt look feasible and when it comes down to it your still relying on computers and polls to rank who makes the playoffs so its not like the problem would be solved.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2004-09-0...cons_x.htm

Would gut, if not destroy, the traditional bowl system, which allows 56 teams — almost half those in NCAA Division I-A — to stamp their seasons a success by reaching the postseason.

• Could diminish interest in the regular season. College football's is the most meaningful and drama-filled in sports. With no playoff and only two teams qualifying for a final shot at the national championship, there is so little margin for error that every game from late August to early December is vital.

• The college game would become even more commercialized and professionalized.

• A 16-team, four-round playoff would be during many final exams and extend the season into the second semester. Players would be harder-pressed to be students.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leeman
08-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post by Hub Cap
02-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
04-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Last Post by who
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Last Post by dodsno
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)