Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Ford Motor Co. CEO saves W. from self immolation...
#1

Plug it in, fire it up, Mr. President
The Detroit News


Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation.

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?
Reply
#2

someone please delete this thread before the other morons start drooling
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by who
11-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Last Post by Sassy
11-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post by Sassy
11-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Last Post by SporK
03-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Last Post by Bill
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Last Post by Dr. Lecter
05-19-2005, 05:40 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)