Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I will be seeing David Allen Coe Thursday in Scott, LA at the Ironhorse Saloon.
Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
So flump...
Went to the show. It was packed. They had the fire marshall there counting people because the presale went so well. David Allen Coe took the stage at 9:30 pm and played 45 minuets of absolute crap. It was all slow country from the 50's and 60's. Most of it was so obscure I couldn't even tell what it was. He played one of his songs during the time "Jack Daniels if you please" and it was so slow you could hardly pick it out. About 30 minuets in at least 300 people left if not more. After alot of the crowd cleared out he started talking.
He tells the crowd that he is 68 years old now and when he dies he'll be the last great american song writer that lived. He listed everyone he wrote songs for.. a virtual who's who of country music. He then said "I appreciate everyone that spent their money to see me tonight. Remember I'm david Allen Coe and I still do what I want and I still say mother fucker!"
He then rocked out for an hour and a half. Playing 4 kid rock songs, songs off of rebel meets rebel, and all his biggest hits. He also threw in some Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and quite a few rock songsIt was great. He pretty much told those that left to fuck off.
Great show.
Posts: 15,144
Threads: 914
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
He's definitely a bad ass. Anyone that goes to one of his concerts and expects to hear anything like it sounds on an album is in for a disappointment. He will change the words, maybe even the tunes.
Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Here ya go flump...
Thu 06/11/09 San Antonio, TX Midnight Rodeo
Fri 06/12/09 Austin, TX Emo's
Sat 06/13/09 Dallas, TX House Of Blues
Sun 06/14/09 Houston, TX House Of Blues
Chance to see him at the house of blues