Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Bird I guess this is up yer alley.
#1

ESPN: Brett Favre considers returning to football

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Brett Favre is considering coming out of retirement, according to an ESPN report. ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Wednesday a Green Bay Packers source told him the 38-year-old Favre told coach Mike McCarthy in the past two weeks that he has the itch to play.

The Packers' former quarterback retired March 6 after a 17-year career.

Cornerback Al Harris said on ESPN's NFL Live that Favre also made similar comments to him.

"I know he has the itch to come back and play," Harris said. "If he will or not, I don't know."

The Packers had planned to use Aaron Rodgers as their quarterback for the upcoming season.

"Aaron is our quarterback," Harris said. "Brett's retired. But if he wanted to come back, there would be some guys who wouldn't mind it. I would welcome him back with open arms."

Mortensen also said his source told him the Packers would be reluctant to open the door for Favre because "Brett retired for the right reasons, even though I know his family is tugging on him (to play)."

A message left with the Packers was not immediately returned.

Favre has two years left on his contract at an average of about $12.5 million per season. The Packers placed him on the reserve-retired list in the spring so his salary does not now count toward the cap.

Favre's commitment to retirement has been questioned since his announcement. That talk resumed in mid-June when Favre withdrew from the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe, scheduled for July 11-13.

Tournament spokesman Steve Griffith said then that Favre had to miss the event because of a scheduling conflict.

When he retired, a teary Favre said, "I've given everything I possibly could give to this organization, the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give And that's it. I know I can play. But I don't think I want to."

But less than two months later, he told reporters he might be open to returning if Rodgers was injured.

Favre is the NFL's only three-time MVP and leads the league with 442 touchdown passes, 61,655 yards passing and 160 career victories. He started 253 consecutive regular-season games, more than any other quarterback in history. Including the playoffs, his streak stands at 275.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#2

not what i expected from the title

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#3

snarg Wrote:not what i expected from the title


My name in the title gets your imagination racing doesnt it?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

Favre is a dick.I hope he come back for the Bears and ruins his legacy by sucking.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

He's got Chelios syndrome. It's annoying when old guys want to keep playing and take roster spots from young guys. Go upstairs.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#6

Jimmy Wrote:It's annoying when old guys want to keep playing and take roster spots from young guys. Go upstairs.

Is this a personal attack? Reported!
Reply
#7

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Is this a personal attack? Reported!
get him

Banana Wrote:I've already said that who is my fave motivational poster

Try not to irritate Bird he is Vagina Sensitive
Reply
#8

Ha Ha Geezer pile-on.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Devious
12-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Did Bird die?
Banana
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
11-06-2012, 10:20 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)