Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Get a Free Whopper
#1

Delete 10 Facebook Friends, Get a Free Whopper
By Caroline McCarthy, CNET.com

Facebook's developer platform has been used for a zillion marketing campaigns so far, but this one is actually dead-on hilarious.

Fast-food chain Burger King has created "Whopper Sacrifice," a Facebook app that will give you a coupon for a free hamburger if you delete 10 people from your friends list.

Burger King has put out some interesting campaigns as of late ("Whopper Virgin," "Subservient Chicken"), but this one caught our interest because of how gleefully it pokes fun at our social-networking obsessions. "Now is the time to put your fair-weather Web friendships to the test," the Whopper Sacrifice site explains. "Install Whopper Sacrifice on your Facebook profile, and we'll reward you with a free flame-broiled Whopper when you sacrifice ten of your friends."

The funniest part: The "sacrifices" show up in your activity feed. So it'll say, for example, "Caroline sacrificed Josh Lowensohn for a free Whopper." Unfortunately, you can't delete your whole friends list and eat free (however unhealthily) for a week. The promotion is limited to one coupon per Facebook account.
Reply
#2

Sweet, I have at least 10 friends I should drop. Especially at the cost of my health and weight!

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#3

My brother in law is insisting I get on facebook because some how its easier than emailing me which I think is bullshit.I don't see the upside of letting a bunch of people I probably don't want to talk to have access to me.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:My brother in law is insisting I get on facebook because some how its easier than emailing me which I think is bullshit.I don't see the upside of letting a bunch of people I probably don't want to talk to have access to me.

Agreed!
Reply
#5

BIRD33 Wrote:My brother in law is insisting I get on facebook because some how its easier than emailing me which I think is bullshit.I don't see the upside of letting a bunch of people I probably don't want to talk to have access to me.

Then, you don't add them. It's not a public webpage, like myspace. I see your point, but you chose who gets "access" to you.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#6

Cucumber Wrote:Then, you don't add them. It's not a public webpage, like myspace. I see your point, but you chose who gets "access" to you.


I should specify access as letting people even know I even exist.

Don't you end up feeling guilty about the people you don't add?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

bam Wrote:Agreed!

We've got so much in common.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:We've got so much in common.

That's why you're in love with me lol
Reply
#9

BIRD33 Wrote:I should specify access as letting people even know I even exist.

Don't you end up feeling guilty about the people you don't add?

To the first part, if youre not interested in what your old friends are doing, there is no real point to Facebook for you, but if (for example) you want to keep up with family (cause they post pics of your nieces and nephews, etc), you just reg a pseudo name.

To the 2nd - no. If I didn't talk to you in high school I don't wish to talk to you now. People who I don't know won't see pics of my kids. Even if I used to talk to someone and they want to add me on FB, I can add them to chat, but restrict all photos.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#10

Cucumber Wrote:To the first part, if youre not interested in what your old friends are doing, there is no real point to Facebook for you, but if (for example) you want to keep up with family (cause they post pics of your nieces and nephews, etc), you just reg a pseudo name.

To the 2nd - no. If I didn't talk to you in high school I don't wish to talk to you now. People who I don't know won't see pics of my kids. Even if I used to talk to someone and they want to add me on FB, I can add them to chat, but restrict all photos.


I might do the pseudo name thing.Now if I want to see pics of my nieces and nephews I have to be a member of some online photo service they set up which is a pain in the ass.Plus it will be fun to fuck with people.

Sounds like theres a whole thing going on with who can view what.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#11

bam Wrote:That's why you're in love with me lol

I can't believe I met my soul mate through this website!

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

BIRD33 Wrote:I can't believe I met my soul mate through this website!

How long til someone reg's a "Bam's Committment Phobe BF" troll?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#13

Cucumber Wrote:How long til someone reg's a "Bam's Committment Phobe BF" troll?


His loss is my gain.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

BIRD33 Wrote:I can't believe I met my soul mate through this website!

Hard to imagine!
Reply
#15

Cucumber Wrote:How long til someone reg's a "Bam's Committment Phobe BF" troll?

Nothing is wrong with being a commitment phobe though- that would be a funny troll
Reply
#16

Insanetrain.com is the only social networking site for me.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#17

This place is really a anti-social networking site when you think about it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#18

It's the only place not blocked from my work.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#19

BIRD33 Wrote:Don't you end up feeling guilty about the people you don't add?
this would bother you?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#20

BIRD33 Wrote:My brother in law is insisting I get on facebook because some how its easier than emailing me which I think is bullshit.I don't see the upside of letting a bunch of people I probably don't want to talk to have access to me.

Hi!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Free Animal!
Blueeyedwoman
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Last Post by quint
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Last Post by Ntype
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Last Post by who
10-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Last Post by who
07-20-2008, 08:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)