Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The economy is so bad that ...
#1

I know it's old.

I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

I ordered a burger at McDonald's and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you call them and ask if they meant you or them.

Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

McDonald's is selling the 1/4 ouncer.

Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children's names.

A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia is laying off judges.

Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh, great! The guy who made $50 billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 trillion disappear!

And, finally...
I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan, and when I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#2

Might be old, but it's still funny!
Reply
#3

Does sweeden even have an economy?
Reply
#4

Anhil8tor Wrote:Does sweeden even have an economy?

1 swiss miss hot chocolate package with marshmallows = 1 US dollar.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

I think you should change your avatar to Lem from Better Off Ted.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#6

But things are changing!

RIGHT OBAMA!?!?!
Reply
#7

Blondie Wrote:But things are changing!

RIGHT OBAMA!?!?!

obama is leftWink

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by who
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)