Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Can anyone explain to me....
#1

How the Odyssey is loosely based on O'Brother where art thou?
Reply
#2

I dunno but I played the soudtrack for moths after I saw it. Great flick.

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#3

Anhil8tor Wrote:How the Odyssey is loosely based on O'Brother where art thou?

I think you have that backwards.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#4

I saw "Precious" today.

Man, that was a tough movie to watch.

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#5

Better or worse than my directorial debut?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

Blondie Wrote:I saw "Precious" today.

Man, that was a tough movie to watch.



reminded ya of the people that pay ya to drive'em to their prom?

mothballs, try swallowing them next time...
Reply
#7

Spunky's on the attack tonight... feeling menstrual?

JCW Wrote:Every toilet bowl has to have one turd that floats to the top, I'm just doing my part.
Reply
#8

I liked O'Brother- I thought it was hilarious.
Reply
#9

I can see how it might loosely be based on The Odyssey though: The long journey home, the wife's suitor. That's really it though.
Reply
#10

One of my favorite movies. Great dialogue and screenplay.


Thanks for the help goat.
Reply
#11

I agree. I thought Clooney was brilliant.
Reply
#12

It was a terrible movie.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#13

I'm a man of constant sorrow, pain and misery.
Reply
#14

Christ 8, the connection between the two is so clearly obvious.
Reply
#15

Pickle Wrote:Christ 8, the connection between the two is so clearly obvious.

try to remember he is from looooosiana
thanks

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#16

Thanks pickle and snarg.
Reply
#17

bam Wrote:I can see how it might loosely be based on The Odyssey though: The long journey home, the wife's suitor. That's really it though.
You really sure about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Brother,_...he_Odyssey

Son, I am Disappoint.
Reply
#18

Not entirely sure. It's been awhile since I read The Odyssey. Probably 13 years or so. Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head though.
Reply
#19

i really hate reading books.
Reply
#20

Tribal Dragon Wrote:You really sure about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Brother,_...he_Odyssey

Thanks TD! I really had forgotten a lot lol
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Blondie
03-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Last Post by snarg
03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
01-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Last Post by ntype
10-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Last Post by ntype
06-29-2006, 12:50 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)