Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Coors Light.
#1

I just seen(saw) an advertisement that had "Mountain Song" by Janes Addiction playing on it. What is this world coming to?
Reply
#2

minorthreat Wrote:I just seen(saw) an advertisement that had "Mountain Song" by Janes Addiction playing on it. What is this world coming to?


and The Ramones are being used in a Diet Pepsi commercial. I think that the concept of "Selling Out" is gone. Bands are using the kind of exposure that was once thought of as selling out as another way to get their music out there (witness: Start The Commotion a la Misubishi) or keep their music out there (witness: STP and Wicked Garden in Ford(Toyota?) commercials).

The times are a changin :S
Reply
#3

I can't stand it when I hear good songs in commercials. Example...when the Beatles, Revolution was used in Nike. :roll:
Reply
#4

Cha-Ching mother fuckers.
The almighty dollar rules.
Mountain Song is too cool to shill for any product though.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#5

I like the HP ads with Picture Book (Kinks) in it. The ads kick ass, and the song is cool too
Reply
#6

leucetios Wrote:I like the HP ads with Picture Book (Kinks) in it. The ads kick ass, and the song is cool too
2nd. those effects are awesome.

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#7

Dr. Lecter Wrote:Cha-Ching mother fuckers.
The almighty dollar rules.
Mountain Song is too cool to shill for any product though.


I don't mind hearing the songs, and I don't blame the artists for marketing their work. Having X Corporation approach you and say we want to use your song isn't selling out, its not like The Ramones set out to pen a Diet Pepsi commercial.

I will agree it is a little shocking to hear things that you think of as counter-culture in the mainstream, but I say more power to them.
Reply
#8

Clarice Wrote:I can't stand it when I hear good songs in commercials. Example...when the Beatles, Revolution was used in Nike. :roll:

You can thank Michael jackson for that. He has all the rights to the beatles songs.
Reply
#9

Devious Wrote:You can thank Michael jackson for that. He has all the rights to the beatles songs.

luckily he will be put in jail, so you don't have the risk to hear "lucy in the sky with diamonds" for some ciba-pfizer-whatever commercial. :ph43rVitE
Reply
#10

Budweiser Select > Coors Light.
Reply
#11

SQ Bimmer Wrote:Budweiser Select > Coors Light.
Both of those = chick beer.
Reply
#12

Jesten, where's your sig?
Reply
#13

How bout Led Zeppelin and Cadillac?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#14

Devious Wrote:You can thank Michael jackson for that. He has all the rights to the beatles songs.

BTW...rumor has it he's selling the rights to pay for his employees at Neverland.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#15

johnny cash....... ring of fire


preperation H
Reply
#16

Raiden Wrote:Jesten, where's your sig?
Never had one. But I guess I do now. :*>

[Image: bannernew.gif]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Last Post by quint
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Coors Executive Gets DUI
Blueeyedwoman
Last Post by Blueeyedwoman
07-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
02-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Last Post by Flumper Barflusterbutt
12-02-2005, 01:47 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)