Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Foolery..
#1

Who's it gonna be?


Bogut

or

Williams?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#2

It looks like they are gonna take Bogut.... I read an article this weekend that said Rick Majerus called Milwaukee to tell them that Bogut has a degenerative eye disease...

Bogut said he just has to wear contacts.
Reply
#3

Majerus is just mad cuz his ticker is close to exploding. I feel Bogut will go too, dude will turn that team around if Redd stays....

Foolery?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#4

Redds overated,scoring alot for the shitty bucks is different than playing for a team with playoff potential.They will take bogut, its the safe pick.Why did Majerus do that, is he obligated somehow?Otherwise he cost that guy some signing bonus $$$.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

TomFoolery Wrote:
BIRD33 Wrote:Redds overated,scoring alot for the shitty bucks is different than playing for a team with playoff potential.

You're crazy. He was an all-star the year before last, and the Bucks were a playoff team then. Teams focused on him more in 2004/05, and he still put up the numbers with teams' best defenders AND double-teams all year.






Edit: I fucked this post up.
Reply
#6

Did you guys see the ESPN story showing Williams and Bogut working out for the Bucks? Bogut gave them a resume' and a video. Williams fucking had to stop and take a rest during the work out.....

Bogut by a landslide.

Also, if I am not mistaken while the bucks were sitting around talking about the workouts, the coach (outgoint) was not around. This shit occured before they canned him. That was rude man.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#7

SanDog Wrote:Did you guys see the ESPN story showing Williams and Bogut working out for the Bucks? Bogut gave them a resume' and a video. Williams fucking had to stop and take a rest during the work out.....

Bogut by a landslide.

Bogut had to give them a resume and video, since he doesn't have the talent that Williams has. Williams doesn't have to sell himself--the dude is more athletic and has a fucking 7'3" wingspan.

The Bucks pushed Williams so hard he had to stretch again. Not exactly 'had to stop and take a rest'.



SanDog Wrote:Also, if I am not mistaken while the bucks were sitting around talking about the workouts, the coach (outgoint) was not around. This shit occured before they canned him. That was rude man.

I think the Bucks shitcanned Porter because of the new CBA. If I understand it correctly, they can bring someone new in and if he doesn't work out they can dump him and they won't have to keep paying him the big $$$ for years remaining on his contract ('sup Bucks & George Karl). Also, Harris fired Porter's entire coaching staff...nobody wants to come here to be an assistant for potentially only 1 year (this would have been Porter's last year of his contract).

It was probably the best thing to do, since the prospect of coaching the #1 overall is great for potential coaches (Flip Saunders?); but the timing of Porter's release was absolutely horrible...
Reply
#8

TomFoolery Wrote:Bogut had to give them a resume and video, since he doesn't have the talent that Williams has. Williams doesn't have to sell himself--the dude is more athletic and has a fucking 7'3" wingspan.

The Bucks pushed Williams so hard he had to stretch again. Not exactly 'had to stop and take a rest'.





I think the Bucks shitcanned Porter because of the new CBA. If I understand it correctly, they can bring someone new in and if he doesn't work out they can dump him and they won't have to keep paying him the big $$$ for years remaining on his contract ('sup Bucks & George Karl). Also, Harris fired Porter's entire coaching staff...nobody wants to come here to be an assistant for potentially only 1 year (this would have been Porter's last year of his contract).

It was probably the best thing to do, since the prospect of coaching the #1 overall is great for potential coaches (Flip Saunders?); but the timing of Porter's release was absolutely horrible...

My point was that they had both guys in before they shit canned Porter, and before the CBA was accepted and agreed to, and Porter was not in the meeting.
I am not a basketball fan at all (NBA anyway). I understand Williams has a bigger upside, but I did not see how they worked him any harder than they did Bogut. I am thinking that if you were getting ready for the biggest pay day of your life (thus far) you might want to show up a little better prepared. I agree with you that he was stretching again, but it seemed to me he was just not ready.
I don't care which guy they take, I liked the story though. You seem to want them to take Williams.

I must say that the comment about Bogut is off base if you ask me. The dude was an international star before he went to Utah. A lot of coaches do not watch much international ball, so that was what he was showing them. If I am not mistaken he led the Aussies to a world Junior title.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#9

SanDog Wrote:My point was that they had both guys in before they shit canned Porter, and before the CBA was accepted and agreed to, and Porter was not in the meeting.
I am not a basketball fan at all (NBA anyway). I understand Williams has a bigger upside, but I did not see how they worked him any harder than they did Bogut. I am thinking that if you were getting ready for the biggest pay day of your life (thus far) you might want to show up a little better prepared. I agree with you that he was stretching again, but it seemed to me he was just not ready.
I don't care which guy they take, I liked the story though. You seem to want them to take Williams.

I must say that the comment about Bogut is off base if you ask me. The dude was an international star before he went to Utah. A lot of coaches do not watch much international ball, so that was what he was showing them. If I am not mistaken he led the Aussies to a world Junior title.

Yahoo! and SportsLine reported that Williams' workout wasn't exactly the greatest. He said it was a horrible time to have an 'off day'. I still think they should pick that motherfucker and try to get a guy like Troy Murphy or Stromile Swift if they need a big man...those guys could put up 10 and 10 easily in the East, the same type of numbers they project for Bogut.



Yeah, my comment about Bogut may be off base. It's only because I hope they take Marvin.
Reply
#10

TomFoolery Wrote:
BIRD33 Wrote:Redds overated,scoring alot for the shitty bucks is different than playing for a team with playoff potential.

You're crazy. He was an all-star the year before last, and the Bucks were a playoff team then. Teams focused on him more in 2004/05, and he still put up the numbers with teams' best defenders AND double-teams all year.






bumped for BIRD33
Reply
#11

Numbers scored by guys on the Atlanta Hawks are not real numbers.Numbers on teams just basically filling a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs are inflated numbers when nobody on your team wants to shoot or is capable of scoring.So yes I think redd is an overrated guard especially when you look at this draft and see all the guys who have the potential to be just as good.Getting double teamed and scoring when there is no pressure to win is no big deal.I'd take Nick Van Exel in his prime over Redd any day of the week and Van Exel never got the money Redds about to make. All Star games mean nothing.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

BIRD33 Wrote:Numbers scored by guys on the Atlanta Hawks are not real numbers.Numbers on teams just basically filling a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs are inflated numbers when nobody on your team wants to shoot or is capable of scoring.

The Bucks had 6 guys in 2003 that averaged 10+ PPG (Redd, VanHorn, Mason, Thomas, Joe Smith, and Skinner).

They were 5th in the NBA in PPG that year (99.5).

Try again?





BIRD33 Wrote:So yes I think redd is an overrated guard especially when you look at this draft and see all the guys who have the potential to be just as good.

It's documented that this is a fantastic draft year for guards...that doesn't mean Redd isn't that good of a player. He struggled during the beginning of the year but still averaged 23 ppg (better averages than Marbury, Stevie Franchise, Pierce, Bibby, Rip Hamilton, etc.)



BIRD33 Wrote:Getting double teamed and scoring when there is no pressure to win is no big deal.

:roll:


BIRD33 Wrote:I'd take Nick Van Exel in his prime over Redd any day of the week and Van Exel never got the money Redds about to make. All Star games mean nothing.

BIRD33 = GM of the Year, 2010
Reply
#13

TomFoolery Wrote:The Bucks had 6 guys in 2003 that averaged 10+ PPG (Redd, VanHorn, Mason, Thomas, Joe Smith, and Skinner).

Are you FUCKING kidding me with this starting 5?

Redd-Decent
VanHorn-Washed up Sixer
Mason-Ok
Thomas-Overated ex sixer
Joe Smith-Washed up ex sixer
Skinner? as in brian skinner?Yea he'a a player

You think this was a good team?You are a funny internet guy.

They were 5th in the NBA in PPG that year (99.5).

Try again?

Try again?You really think thats a good point?It usually means they are playing no defense and running and gunning it to make up for it.Did they go far in the playoffs with there big scoring avg.?Try again?That was great.







It's documented that this is a fantastic draft year for guards...that doesn't mean Redd isn't that good of a player. He struggled during the beginning of the year but still averaged 23 ppg (better averages than Marbury, Stevie Franchise, Pierce, Bibby, Rip Hamilton, etc.)


Besides rip hamilton (sup G$D) I really dont like anybody else on that list.So what about how many he averaged?Iverson was scoring 50 points every other night in his first 2 years but they werent winning.Redds not capable of taking a game over or leading his team anywhere. I hope your happy with an overpaid redd (see andre miller) and a blind aussie.




:roll:




BIRD33 = GM of the Year, 2010

I like tomatoes.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

BIRD33 Wrote:The Bucks had 6 guys in 2003 that averaged 10+ PPG (Redd, VanHorn, Mason, Thomas, Joe Smith, and Skinner).

Are you FUCKING kidding me with this starting 5?

Redd-Decent
VanHorn-Washed up Sixer
Mason-Ok
Thomas-Overated ex sixer
Joe Smith-Washed up ex sixer
Skinner? as in brian skinner?Yea he'a a player

You think this was a good team?You are a funny internet guy.

Just sayin' they had 6 guys that scored 10+ per game. Try to keep up here with your other claims.

BIRD33 Wrote:Numbers on teams just basically filling a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs are inflated numbers when nobody on your team wants to shoot or is capable of scoring.








BIRD33 Wrote:
TomFoolery Wrote:They were 5th in the NBA in PPG that year (99.5).

Try again?

Try again?You really think thats a good point?It usually means they are playing no defense and running and gunning it to make up for it.Did they go far in the playoffs with there big scoring avg.?Try again?That was great.


Just rebutting your point, dawg (again).

BIRD33 Wrote:Numbers on teams just basically filling a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs are inflated numbers when nobody on your team wants to shoot or is capable of scoring.








P.S. AI will NEVER win a championship. Thanks.
Reply
#15

TomFoolery Wrote:Just sayin' they had 6 guys that scored 10+ per game. Try to keep up here with your other claims.













Just rebutting your point, dawg (again).










P.S. AI will NEVER win a championship. Thanks.

P.S.

I dont have to follow the bucks.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

BIRD33 Wrote:P.S.

I dont have to follow the bucks.


P.S. Stop being stupeid (sp?). You're the one that said they couldn't score.
Reply
#17

TomFoolery Wrote:P.S. Stop being stupeid (sp?). You're the one that said they couldn't score.

Bird33 is that stupid friend everyone has that argues against what you say no matter the circumstances.

example:

clay: hey did you see that sweet ass silver corvette that just drove by?

bird33: you mean the purple corvette.yeah i saw it.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#18

TomFoolery Wrote:P.S. Stop being stupeid (sp?). You're the one that said they couldn't score.

You are stupid my man.Read my posts slowly. I know they can score but can they play basketball? Redd avg's 20 for the year the bucks lose in the first round of the playoffs and the seasons over.Get used to it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#19

cLaY Wrote:Bird33 is that stupid friend everyone has that argues against what you say no matter the circumstances.

example:

clay: hey did you see that sweet ass silver corvette that just drove by?

bird33: you mean the purple corvette.yeah i saw it.


Says the guy forced to bow to my Basketball knowledge.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#20

BIRD33 Wrote:You are stupid my man.Read my posts slowly. I know they can score but can they play basketball? Redd avg's 20 for the year the bucks lose in the first round of the playoffs and the seasons over.Get used to it.


There's no use arguing with you. Please come to Chicago in September so I can punch you in the face. Thanks!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snarg
05-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post by PinesChic
05-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
12-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Last Post by leeman
12-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Last Post by leeman
02-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Last Post by who
07-20-2007, 05:09 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)