Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I busted the drag control on my new fishing reel this weekend
#1

sitting in the middle of this old dudes pond, by myself, boat quarter full of rain water and only a paddle to get me back to shore. i was trying to tighten the drag cuz my buzz bate wasn't spinning properly. first turn and the fucking gear snaps. i'll be taking that piece of shit Shimano back to the sporting goods store tonight and picking up a Pflueger. how dare i take a chance on some chinese piece of shit.
Reply
#2

My wife called me one day and told me she got some great deals on a couple fishing poles. I was like, what the fuck, since when did my wife shop for anything but fucking shoes?

Anyhow I get home that night to see two POS shakespeare rods and two even shittier Shimano reels. That shit hasnt left the closet since it went in there. But I dont wanna throw it away and hurt the wifeys feelings cause I thought it was cool that she had at least made the effort. Unwar the day I have to actually use em.

Fuck.
Reply
#3

fuck Shimano, i've got a Shakespeare Ugly Stick that has been through hell...probably one of my favorite rods, 2nd only to Bird33's
Reply
#4

I've been fishing with the cheap ass quatam ultra light as of late.
Reply
#5

G$... I'll pay the shipping to Lafayette if you won't use em.
Reply
#6

Clay just wanted to say "DRAG"
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Last Post by phantom
05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Last Post by phantom
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)