09-08-2005, 06:19 PM
all I can say is wow
Blueeyedwoman Wrote:The last I heard it was 10,000 bags. How'd it go to 25,000 so fast?I still think they are estimating it at 10,000. I think FEMA is just trying to do everything a little overboard right now so that they don't get accused of being caught short again.
Blueeyedwoman Wrote:The last I heard it was 10,000 bags. How'd it go to 25,000 so fast?
SanDog Wrote:Some asked me last weekend at a barbeque and I said I thought it would be about 15,000. I stick with that number. They were agast, and thought I was being way to harsh. I doubt it.What is agast?
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:What is agast?Aghast spelled wrong.
SanDog Wrote:Aghast spelled wrong.Well, my thinking is that the people that live there are so accustomed to being in or near the water. A lot of them may be poor, but they are survivors by nature. For someone to just "drown" they would have to be in seriously dire straits. The 20 feet or 10 feet of water that covered much of the city didn't come in all at once. It was slow and gradual. Not something that would immediately drown anyone. So, the ones that drown would have been the ones in a position that made them so weak that they could not survive. I just think that number is going to be smaller than what people might think.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Well, my thinking is that the people that live there are so accustomed to being in or near the water. A lot of them may be poor, but they are survivors by nature. For someone to just "drown" they would have to be in seriously dire straits. The 20 feet or 10 feet of water that covered much of the city didn't come in all at once. It was slow and gradual. Not something that would immediately drown anyone. So, the ones that drown would have been the ones in a position that made them so weak that they could not survive. I just think that number is going to be smaller than what people might think.
Some may have died of heat, some of starvation, and some will die from disease. But again, I don't think those numbers will be in the "thousands".
Now, granted, there were probably some that were killed in the storm. By flying debris and whatnot. But all in all, I think those people are pretty damn good at fending for themselves in a weather situation, even as bad as this one was.
I hope I'm right.
SanDog Wrote:I hope you are too.
leucetios Wrote:So I was wondering what the odds of them having a Mardi Gras in Feb are. I think the odds are good, they have almost 6 months.
cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...
BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.
BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Paddy Wrote:Flights will be cheap.
Blondie Wrote:They haven't lost their spirit either.That was me. I was hot.
Someone said the girls were flashing their tits at the Red Cross.
VitaminE Wrote:I can't believe Bush let the Shuttle explode on re-entry with an all white crew. He hates blacks you know.
Sin
Kanye West.
leucetios Wrote:I half heard about this Kanye West dude. What's the whole story?He's an idiot.
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:He's an idiot.