Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

How big is your primary family?
#1

Most people these days have half siblings, step-siblings, step-parents, etc. How big is your family?

I am the only biological child of my parents, who are now both dead.

I had a step-father, who is also deceased and a half-sister, Apple.

I have a quasi-step-mother (who is alive), with two quasi step siblings.
Reply
#2

My dads dead.I have four sisters, one mother, one stepmother and 3 stepbrothers but I'd never call them that.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:My dads dead.I have four sisters, one mother, one stepmother and 3 stepbrothers but I'd never call them that.

You never call them step brothers? Does that mean you'd call them brothers, or not call them anything at all?

Lone boy hey? How was that growing up?
Reply
#4

mom, dad, sister

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#5

Banana Wrote:You never call them step brothers? Does that mean you'd call them brothers, or not call them anything at all?

Lone boy hey? How was that growing up?

I was 25 when he remarried so its not like I really ever saw them except right before the wedding so I don't feel especially close to them.They're nice guys but if I would have to introduce them to someone I'd call them so and so's son Brian or whoever.

Being the only boy is like being an only child.Surprisingly I've gained no useful insights into the female mind after 30 years of study.

Why are you using the word quasi when referring to your stepmother and siblings?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

BIRD33 Wrote:I was 25 when he remarried so its not like I really ever saw them except right before the wedding so I don't feel especially close to them.They're nice guys but if I would have to introduce them to someone I'd call them so and so's son Brian or whoever.

Being the only boy is like being an only child.Surprisingly I've gained no useful insights into the female mind after 30 years of study.

Why are you using the word quasi when referring to your stepmother and siblings?

Must have been a lot of tampons in your house. Did you ever have to buy em?

Quasi because my father never married the woman. But, they were common law for 10 years, when he died. I don't call her mom or anything, but she's like a mother to me. She has two adopted children, so in a way, they are even more quasi.
Reply
#7

Banana Wrote:Must have been a lot of tampons in your house. Did you ever have to buy em?

Quasi because my father never married the woman. But, they were common law for 10 years, when he died. I don't call her mom or anything, but she's like a mother to me. She has two adopted children, so in a way, they are even more quasi.


If we did have them I swear I never saw them.When I say I lived like an only child I'm serious.I had my own room since birth and my sisters basically had their own floor with bathrooms that I never used.I'd say we're private people by nature so I never saw or had anything to do with tampons.

Were they together off and on or didnt believe in marriage?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:Were they together off and on or didnt believe in marriage?

They were together the whole time, but she was still technically married to her ex (I think) and my dad had walked down the aisle twice. I don't think they were itching to have it formalized for any particular reason.
Reply
#9

I have a mom, dad and brother.

I have two kids.

My dad has one sister and my mom has one brother. My dads sister has no children, my moms brother has three kids.
Reply
#10

mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom mom

dad

(polygamy)
Reply
#11

mom, dad, two sisters. my sisters are 10 and 14 years older than me, yes I was an accident.
Reply
#12

Stepfather...stepdaughter..sons... grandpeople..one of each thus far..Freaky great aunts...Uncles you dont want to know about..But within the family circle ..No one that is a worry...
Reply
#13

my parents have been married for 25 years. i'm the oldeset of 3 children. both sets of grandparents are still alive and kicking and have been married for over 50 years.

[Image: Junkinbox.jpg]
Reply
#14

My mom and dad had three, of which I was the middle and only girl. They split, both remarried. My dad married a woman with two sons, then they had three more kids - two sisters and a brother, for me. Both my mom and stepdad and dad and stepmom later divorced.

My two brothers from my own mom and dad have pretty much been a part of my life always, since we grew up together. I get along with both their wives great, and love spending time with their kids, my neices and nephews.

I barely know the half-siblings, and have only recently reconnected with them and my ex-stepmom via myspace, of all things. My youngest sister is still in high school, and the eldest just had a baby girl, but I hear the baby daddy smacks her around. The half brother has a blue mohawk, and I know nothing about him, really. He's nice and sweet to me when we email, though.

I speak to my mom when I have to, cause she's my kids only grandparent to speak of. Email the ex-stepmom occasionally - man, did I despise her when I was a kid. She's not as bad as I wanted to think, though. Don't talk to my dad and haven't for a few years now (not that he's noticed). And ever since he tried to e-pick me up, I don't speak to the ex-stepdad, either.

In conclusion, my primary family is mostly just me and my two kids, soon to be enlarging to include my older brother, his wife and their son and daughter, since we're all moving in together when they buy a house in New Hampshire. Communal living has always held a certain appeal, for me.

[URL="http://www.ninez.ca/sp0rk/tons%20o%27%20funs/reading%20of%20stoney%27s%20story.ogg"]
[/URL]
Reply
#15

St0ney Wrote:My mom and dad had three, of which I was the middle and only girl. They split, both remarried. My dad married a woman with two sons, then they had three more kids - two sisters and a brother, for me. Both my mom and stepdad and dad and stepmom later divorced.

My two brothers from my own mom and dad have pretty much been a part of my life always, since we grew up together. I get along with both their wives great, and love spending time with their kids, my neices and nephews.

I barely know the half-siblings, and have only recently reconnected with them and my ex-stepmom via myspace, of all things. My youngest sister is still in high school, and the eldest just had a baby girl, but I hear the baby daddy smacks her around. The half brother has a blue mohawk, and I know nothing about him, really. He's nice and sweet to me when we email, though.

I speak to my mom when I have to, cause she's my kids only grandparent to speak of. Email the ex-stepmom occasionally - man, did I despise her when I was a kid. She's not as bad as I wanted to think, though. Don't talk to my dad and haven't for a few years now (not that he's noticed). And ever since he tried to e-pick me up, I don't speak to the ex-stepdad, either.

In conclusion, my primary family is mostly just me and my two kids, soon to be enlarging to include my older brother, his wife and their son and daughter, since we're all moving in together when they buy a house in New Hampshire. Communal living has always held a certain appeal, for me.

yea were going to need some details.Was this random or did he hope you wouldnt tell anyone?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

I have no idea what he thought about me telling people. He found a listing I had on alt.com, made his own profile (not one describing himself truthfully, I suppose so I'd have no idea who he really was), then messaged me knowing full well exactly who I was (like an idiot, I posted face pics back in those days). From there we went to chatting on IM, where he pretended to be psychic and started to tell me about myself. That's when the warning bells started to go off, for me. He finally broke and told me who he was, and how, after reading my profile he couldn't stop thinking about all my 'pierced and shaved bits'. I didn't talk to him anymore, told my mom about it (since she still occasionally spoke to him at the time) and have since tried to forget about it. I think I spoke to him once more, years after that, when he called to ask me if I'd be interested in a receptionist position at the trucking company he hauled for.

[URL="http://www.ninez.ca/sp0rk/tons%20o%27%20funs/reading%20of%20stoney%27s%20story.ogg"]
[/URL]
Reply
#17

'pierced and shaved bits'
Reply
#18

Sister, mom and dad.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by quint
03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Last Post by who
05-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post by ntype
09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Last Post by ntype
08-20-2007, 05:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)