Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Heard Kansas Might have to forfeit the BB Championship
#1

The news last night said that some kid on the team (Alexander?) is in a grade changing scandal at his high school in Dallas (Oak Cliff?). Anyway, they are going to have to forfeit the state title that he helped them win in 2005. They already forfeited the one they won in 2006 for the same reason (different kid).

Anyway, the investigating reporter had talked to the NCAA and they said that if the allegations turn out to be true, then he will be in violation of NCAA rules and they (Kansas) will have to forfeit the title they just won with him on the team.

I hear he is going pro, so I guess he couldn't give a fuck.
Reply
#2

If Kansas had no knowledge of what was going on they will be fine.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:If Kansas had no knowledge of what was going on they will be fine.

I think you might be surprised. But there will also have to be an investigation into this kid's school record at Kansas.

I forget now what they said the violation is. Something to do with his scholarship. A kid that graduates under false pretenses (changed grades) is ineligible for a scholarship. Because Kansas gave him one, they are partially involved.

I know what you are saying, but the NCAA person was in on this story last night when it broke on the news. It was their words that said Kansas would have to forfeit if the allegations proved out.
Reply
#4

“Since Darrell Arthur really did not pass algebra — which means he did not clear the clearing house — that also means that he really should not have been eligible for a Division I major college scholarship," Ashmore said.

Last month, Arthur helped lead the Kansas Jayhawks to the NCAA college basketball championship. He recently decided to leave college and turn pro.

... What is unclear at this time is how this will be handled by the University of Kansas and the NCAA.

NCAA officials have confirmed to News 8 that if a player is ineligible, forfeiture of any or all games involving that student is a possible consequence.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wf...fd860.html
Reply
#5

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:“Since Darrell Arthur really did not pass algebra — which means he did not clear the clearing house — that also means that he really should not have been eligible for a Division I major college scholarship," Ashmore said.

Last month, Arthur helped lead the Kansas Jayhawks to the NCAA college basketball championship. He recently decided to leave college and turn pro.

... What is unclear at this time is how this will be handled by the University of Kansas and the NCAA.

NCAA officials have confirmed to News 8 that if a player is ineligible, forfeiture of any or all games involving that student is a possible consequence.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wf...fd860.html

I don't see them voiding the championship if they didnt know he was ineligible.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

BIRD33 Wrote:I don't see them voiding the championship if they didnt know he was ineligible.

Yeah, sounds like a stretch to me, too. But you never know how these things can snowball. You can bet your ass that Kansas is in the cover your ass mode right now, though.
Reply
#7

If Reggie Bush didnt cost USC their championships I don't see how Kansas gets fucked.NCAA has an interest in not tainting their cash cow.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

cheating cannot go unpunished.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#9

I don't think anything can come of this. Darrell Arthur was signed late in the signing period after being declared eligible by the NCAA. Originally he chose to go to Baylor, then at the last minute chose Kansas. Because the NCAA allowed him into college Kansas really can't be penalized for any of this. I guess the teacher who is alleging this hasn't worked for the school district for 3 years which makes me wonder how he was able to hand over transcripts. Sounds like a disgruntled guy...very timely too. NOthing will come of this.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#10

WoolyGoat Wrote:cheating cannot go unpunished.

Oh you.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#11

cLaY Wrote:I don't think anything can come of this. Darrell Arthur was signed late in the signing period after being declared eligible by the NCAA. Originally he chose to go to Baylor, then at the last minute chose Kansas. Because the NCAA allowed him into college Kansas really can't be penalized for any of this. I guess the teacher who is alleging this hasn't worked for the school district for 3 years which makes me wonder how he was able to hand over transcripts. Sounds like a disgruntled guy...very timely too. NOthing will come of this.

No the cheating and grade changing is pretty much already proven and acknowledged by the school. No doubt the high school is going to forfeit the title he was part of. That same school has already been through the same scandal for a different kid during the same time.

Now, if this translates into a problem for Kansas, I don't know. I saw some Kansas official on the news last night saying that he didn't think they would suffer from it. Because the kid was cleared by the college clearinghouse.

You never know where these things lead though.
Reply
#12

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No the cheating and grade changing is pretty much already proven and acknowledged by the school. No doubt the high school is going to forfeit the title he was part of. That same school has already been through the same scandal for a different kid during the same time.

It was? I've never seen anything written on it. Matter of fact, I saw his coach denying everything.

Now, if this translates into a problem for Kansas, I don't know. I saw some Kansas official on the news last night saying that he didn't think they would suffer from it. Because the kid was cleared by the college clearinghouse.

You never know where these things lead though.

There is no way they can punish Kansas or Darrell Arthur. If all this is true, how was Kansas to know? All they were made aware of is he was cleared by the NCAA and that's really all that matters.

Its ridiculous how timely all this is.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#13

cLaY Wrote:There is no way they can punish Kansas or Darrell Arthur. If all this is true, how was Kansas to know? All they were made aware of is he was cleared by the NCAA and that's really all that matters.

Its ridiculous how timely all this is.

I'm just sayin', that when there is a crack in the dam, there is generally more damage to come.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
03-04-2011, 12:59 AM
Last Post by bam
11-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Last Post by snarg
01-30-2009, 03:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)