Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Breastfeeding pictures
#1

They are being pulled from PB and Facebook. Do you agree?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#2

I read about this the other day, I have mixed feelings.
Reply
#3

I can see both sides too, but I don't see them pulling pics of scantily clad women off. Just breastfeeding ones. Now, if the baby isn't attached, it becomes a bit exploitative. But, baby attached, no nips showing? How is that different than a bikini? Plus, breasts were designed for feeding.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#4

Photobucket is paranoid and seems to pull things a random.I don't know why if there is no nipple showing they would pull those photo's from facebook.It is no different than a bathing suit.

Personally I don't want to see it in public.Not that its disgusting or anything just that its uncomfortable having a woman lop out her breast 6 feet away from me.I couldnt walk around with my dick hanging out.If its an emergency and you have to feed the kid right away then fine but how often does that happen?Take it to the bathroom.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

I don't think that women should have the breastfeed in the bathroom. But, I see your point about the public thing. I think a woman should always cover up in public. Put a blanket over the baby.

Having said that, babies do get to a point where they will whip the blanket off, but I think if you are trying to be as discreet as possibly, no harm. I don't like seeing people chew with thier mouths open either, but there is never a suggestion that they go to the bathroom to eat.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#6

Cucumber Wrote:I don't think that women should have the breastfeed in the bathroom. But, I see your point about the public thing. I think a woman should always cover up in public. Put a blanket over the baby.

Having said that, babies do get to a point where they will whip the blanket off, but I think if you are trying to be as discreet as possibly, no harm. I don't like seeing people chew with thier mouths open either, but there is never a suggestion that they go to the bathroom to eat.

If people are chewing with their mouth open with no clothes on then you have a point.

No private parts exposed in public.Pretty simple rule to follow and there are bathrooms if you need privacy.I know its natural but most people feel uncomfortable so do us all a favor and do it in private.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

American prudes.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:If people are chewing with their mouth open with no clothes on then you have a point.

No private parts exposed in public.Pretty simple rule to follow and there are bathrooms if you need privacy.I know its natural but most people feel uncomfortable so do us all a favor and do it in private.

There is no reason to be naked in a mall. But, there is a reason to expose your breast to feed a child. Apples and oranges.

It's not a rule. There is no rule that you can't BF in public because it is not considered lewd behaviour. If you are uncomfortable, look elsewhere?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#9

Paddy Wrote:American prudes.

That actually plays a huge role in it. Also, the North American belief that toddlers shouldn't be nursing. The world wide age for weaning is 5, yet as soon as the kid can walk, North Americans thinks it's time to boot them off the breast.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#10

The only reason that people think breastfeeding needs to be private is because we sexualize breasts. People will mask this by saying something like “it is a natural and beautiful private moment between a baby and mother“. Hmm…why isn’t it private then when a mother bottle feeds her baby while lovingly holding him and gazing into his eyes? Really, breasts are for feeding babies. Perhaps they have other purposes too, but their primary function is to feed babies.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#11

tweety seems to think his opinions are shared by "most people"
the poor little guy is uncomfortable seeing a child breastfeeding
just another puerile statement by the king of narcissism

newsflash for the little twerp: your ideas and opinions are yours, most people don't share them
you are pathetic

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#12

BIRD33 wasn't breastfed.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#13

snarg Wrote:tweety seems to think his opinions are shared by "most people"
the poor little guy is uncomfortable seeing a child breastfeeding
just another puerile statement by the king of narcissism

newsflash for the little twerp: your ideas and opinions are yours, most people don't share them
you are pathetic

Absolutely hilarious coming from the decider here.

You don't even realize how much of a joke you've become.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

Cucumber Wrote:The only reason that people think breastfeeding needs to be private is because we sexualize breasts. People will mask this by saying something like “it is a natural and beautiful private moment between a baby and mother“. Hmm…why isn’t it private then when a mother bottle feeds her baby while lovingly holding him and gazing into his eyes? Really, breasts are for feeding babies. Perhaps they have other purposes too, but their primary function is to feed babies.

We have.It will never change.Go to the bathroom and do it.Not that hard.

This seems to me to be more about the point of being able to do it rather then the need to do it.

If I was making people uncomfortable and had an easy way to alleviate that I'd do it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#15

BIRD33 Wrote:We have.It will never change.Go to the bathroom and do it.Not that hard.

This seems to me to be more about the point of being able to do it rather then the need to do it.

If I was making people uncomfortable and had an easy way to alleviate that I'd do it.

As a former breastfeeding women who has breastfed in the bathroom, I can tell you it's disgusting. It stinks, it's uncomfortable, and it's MUCH easier and more convenient for me to breastfeed on a chair. I'm not trying to prove a point, other than maybe "hey, my baby is hungry."

I maintain, if you uncomfortable, look elsewhere. It's normal, natural and allowed. You don't want to see babies eating on a breast? Go to a bar. Where babies can go, breasts will go.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#16

Age old debate. No one will win here.
Reply
#17

Dagger Wrote:Age old debate. No one will win here.

I can see one big loser.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#18

Paddy Wrote:I can see one big loser.

Put it in a postcard Paddy cakes.
Reply
#19

I can see 8 agreeing with Bird on this one, but apart from that, I wonder how many people used to agree with Bird until they had their own kids? Familiarity with it seems to result in a bit more openness, in some cases.

I'll admit to previously thinking it was a private thing to be done in private. Then, I had my own and did it and didn't understand what the big deal was. It's a baby eating. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, we sexualize breasts, but should we avoid that in this circumstance? Is it uncomfortable because you think the baby is doing something sexual? Or, are you jealous? I get uncomfortable when I see a woman bend down and I see her ass crack. But, she's not trying to prove a point to me is she?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#20

I don't see a reason for NOT covering up unless the woman is trying to inflame people or prove a point.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by who
10-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Last Post by who
12-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Last Post by Ntype
11-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Last Post by Ntype
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)