somebody explain to me how this shit works? every day i hear how armstong comes in like 17th or 2nd or something other that 1st for the day...but still wears the leader jersey? I don't get it.
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
He has the best overall time.
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
The leader finishes first and his time is what it is. He gets bonuses for winning. Each person after that that finishes by themselves get that time. If you are in a large group of people you all get the same time regardless of your position of the group. So if one guys runs off and separates by more than 50 meters, and all the other finish in the next group (peleton if it is the bulk of the riders) they all get the same time. You could be second and have the same time as the they guy in 50th.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Bill Wrote:? I thought it was based on daily wins? But your saying it's like a marathon where they time your start-end time individually and determin the winner from that?
It is based on the composite riding time of all the stages.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?
Posts: 6,260
Threads: 409
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
He is retiring after this race...
:fuckYou:
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
ntype Wrote:been 7 years that he's winning in a row; it's starting to get less interesting (it's not really interesting to start with)
It is his last year this year.
You hear that the French are actually starting to spread rumors that he never even had cancer? That it was just a ruse to get people interested in him. What a bunch of fuckwits.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
YELLOW Jersey -- Overall leader, first awarded during the 1919 race (TdF started in 1903); yellow to match the paper used to print L'Auto (Automobile Cyclisme), a French newspaper about bike racing.
POLKADOT Jersey (White w/red dots) -- Best climber, determined by points scored by the first 3 to 15 riders finishing selected mountain stages (number of riders awarded points varies with the difficulty of the stage). First awarded 1933.
GREEN Jersey -- Points jersey, usually won by sprinter-types, with points given to the first 25 riders to finish each stage. First awarded 1953.
YELLOW Hats -- First place team, determined by combined elapsed times of the team's top 3 riders.
thanx folks....I learned something today.
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Bill Wrote:I do.
I find it funny that a whole country cann't beat a cancer survivor on a bike.
Dood, the guys in the race are from all over the world. It ain't Lance agaist France. They just hate him because he owns their course.
It is really kinda a team sport.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?