Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Local Vernacular...
#1

What are some things you say locally that would make no sense anywhere else in the country.


For example:

Here we "save our dishes". Not sure why we say it but everyone here uses the term when taking dishes out of the dishwasher and putting them in the cabinet.


Here we use the phrase "get down" when referring to getting out of our vehicle.

We also refer to space walks etc as "Fun Jumps". Not sure why but the bidnesses here that rent them all use the term as well.
Reply
#2

Anhil8tor Wrote:What are some things you say locally that would make no sense anywhere else in the country.


For example:

Here we "save our dishes". Not sure why we say it but everyone here uses the term when taking dishes out of the dishwasher and putting them in the cabinet.


Here we use the phrase "get down" when referring to getting out of our vehicle.

We also refer to space walks etc as "Fun Jumps". Not sure why but the bidnesses here that rent them all use the term as well.

How often do you talk about space walks where there would be slang for it?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:How often do you talk about space walks where there would be slang for it?

Everyone here calls them fun jumps. We have the ability to rent them about 9 months out of the year and everyone has a yard so we all rent them for birthday parties.
Reply
#4

What the fuck is a space walk or a fun jump?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

http://www.funjumps.com/
Reply
#6

I actually thought you hicks were talking about space walks in space.

We call blacks canadians and yuengling beer just lager.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

Uh. We call beers from the Saddledome "Domers" Does this qualify?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#8

We call anyone from Louisianna red bones.
Reply
#9

Anhil8tor is a jag-off.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#10

Here we "mash" the doorbell.

Fire hydrants are fire plugs.

Can't rhymes with paint.
Reply
#11

BIRD33 Wrote:I actually thought you hicks were talking about space walks in space.

We call blacks canadians and yuengling beer just lager.

I knew what he was talking about. Here we call them "bounce houses" no matter what they are shaped like.
Reply
#12

I'm ashamed to admit I know that around here they call them moon bounces.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#13

water (drinking) fountain = bubbler (bubblah)
chocolate sprinkles and rainbow sprinkles = jimmies and rainbow jimmies
milkshakes = frappes
rubber bands = elastics


pretty sure those are all regional...

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#14

Anhil8tor Wrote:http://www.funjumps.com/

We call those bouncers (I think, I didn't click the link).

We call the walkways that span between two buildings Plus 15's. I'm not sure what else they are called.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%2B15

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jimmy
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Last Post by leeman
12-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Last Post by Odysseus
05-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Last Post by asshat
07-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Last Post by Bill
04-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)