Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
Maybe I should get really hammered and high on codeines and TOTALLY erase everything.
Then we could start over again ....
Good idea?
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 1,113
Threads: 104
Joined: Mar 2009
Reputation:
0
There's a lot of history on this board, and between other boards like (UJ, and CF and whatever the fuck else all the other boards people have gone to and come from are called). If you do an IT reboot the New IT needs responsible mods, less fucking around with people's accounts (less meaning none) and a moratorium on bullshit drama. The way it is now, this board will never attract new members.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Sincerely, a guy living in a glass house.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 1,113
Threads: 104
Joined: Mar 2009
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:Sincerely, a guy living in a glass house.
I wasn't throwing stones. Just stating a fact. This place is not conducive to new posters - unless they're coming here from one of the other sites to throw gas on the flames. Coming into an existing community is always hard, but this place has been reduced to various e-fight and drama, and it won't ever grow beyond that.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
MT said yesterday almost the same thing and mentioned confusionforums has 5 times the members.My question is trying to live up to that example a good thing?This place has lets call it a certain "temperament" which I believe is a good thing and why this place is at times fun to read.Would diluting that by attracting more general type of posters help or hurt this place?Maybe Leeman still thinks he can somehow end up turning a profit on this place I don't know but considering he's almost 50 years old I hope he's not wishing too hard for that too happen.Am I for new members here?Of course.Am I going to change anything I'm doing, no.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 1,113
Threads: 104
Joined: Mar 2009
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:MT said yesterday almost the same thing and mentioned confusionforums has 5 times the members.My question is trying to live up to that example a good thing?This place has lets call it a certain "temperament" which I believe is a good thing and why this place is at times fun to read.Would diluting that by attracting more general type of posters help or hurt this place?Maybe Leeman still thinks he can somehow end up turning a profit on this place I don't know but considering he's almost 50 years old I hope he's not wishing too hard for that too happen.Am I for new members here?Of course.Am I going to change anything I'm doing, no.
I don't know what Lee is thinking, but I doubt he's hoping IT will make him rich, at best I think he would like it to pay for itself.
When IT started it was all about no rules. I think IT should have rules, just not UJ rules. We should be more lax, there shouldn't be repercussions for saying things against mods, for example. But there should be rules and they should be consistently policed.
I don't think you would have to change your posting style, but I think should people come here they'd look at this sewer of he said/she said/who posted whose tits on which board and just don't bother. There's not many, if any, threads that aren't drowning in e-drama history between posters or other boards, so there really isn't any opening for new members to jump into a conversation. What are they going to do, show up and make post 1 be about blondie being crazy, or snarg being a shitty mod?
IT needs to shed some of that negative bickering and move on.
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
leucifer Wrote:PS: Is lee really 50?
:finger::finger:>_>
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 1,113
Threads: 104
Joined: Mar 2009
Reputation:
0
leeman Wrote::finger::finger:>_>
Someone's cranky. Did you miss your old person nap?
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Posts: 15,144
Threads: 914
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
Wasn't IT just kind of born as a place for people that either got fed up with the rules of UJ (sup Dairy?) or got banned from UJ? I think it was that rivalry that always kept it going strong. And then that rivalry kind of went away. The ones that started it on both sides drifted off and it just kind of died.
But yeah IT has always been about 50% funny bullshit and 50% personal attacks on other people. But most of the funny posters are gone, so there's hardly any of that anymore. So its pretty much just drama and personal attacks now.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Most of the funny people are in hiding for one reason or another.Not sure how that can be changed.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
BIRD33 Wrote:Most of the funny people are in hiding for one reason or another.Not sure how that can be changed.
Captain obvious at the rudder....!
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
BIRD33 Wrote:Its like where did all the people who laughed at people who took the internet too seriously go?Turns out they took the internet too seriously too.
Internet seriously ...... Blasphemy!!!
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 15,144
Threads: 914
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
PH left when her husband caught her "chatting" with TomF right?
Posts: 4,746
Threads: 277
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:Its like where did all the people who laughed at people who took the internet too seriously go?Turns out they took the internet too seriously too.
Hey! I'm just a victim.
I like being hidden.
Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:PH left when her husband caught her "chatting" with TomF right?
Yep.
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 15,144
Threads: 914
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
Then BEW left because her thing with MT made her think she could get away with anything and she started acting a little cocky and asked to be deleted?