Poll: Who wins the Masters - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tiger
22.22%
2
22.22%
Someone else
77.78%
7
77.78%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Masters Pole
#1

Who will win the Masters?
Reply
#2

I voted someone else.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#3

Have to go tiger.If he didnt have that comeback the other week for the win I might have picked someone else but right now thats like picking who the most interesting guy here is, me or the field.


In my golf pool I picked Tiger, Paddy the non adulterer Harrington in the A division, Nick Watney, Zach Johnson, Freddy Couples and Sean O'Hair in the B division and Retief Goosen and Greg Norman in the C division.

I stayed away from Phil because of how shitty he looked last week.Shot a 76 and a 77 at the shell and missed the cut.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:Have to go tiger.If he didnt have that comeback the other week for the win I might have picked someone else but right now thats like picking who the most interesting guy here is, me or the field.


In my golf pool I picked Tiger, Paddy the non adulterer Harrington in the A division, Nick Watney, Zach Johnson, Freddy Couples and Sean O'Hair in the B division and Retief Goosen and Greg Norman in the C division.

I stayed away from Phil because of how shitty he looked last week.Shot a 76 and a 77 at the shell and missed the cut.

Mickelson rolls in slow up and down waves. If he is down, he is down for a while.

I wonder if Nickalous had as much hype going into major tournaments as Tiger does (relative to the time period that is). Maybe snarg can remember.
Reply
#5

Mickleson has been playing well up until last week and to be honest I didnt get why he played in that tourney anyway and might have missed the cut on purpose to get a few extra days of rest before the masters.

Nickalus had Palme and Player to contend with so I don't think the hype was as big as what tiger gets.Plus tigers already well passed where jack was at that point in his career.

Watch out for Rory McIlroy.He's the next great young guy.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

Holy shit! Chad Campbell -9 after 15 holes?

Tiger even after 10.
Reply
#7

I bet Campbell doesnt finish in the top 10.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:I bet Campbell doesnt finish in the top 10.

Yeah, kiss of death is to come out with a first round blowout game. Dude birdied the first 5 holes in a row though. He must have thought he was in some kind of twilight zone.

Ended up -7 for the day.

Tiger is -2 now with 4 or 5 left.
Reply
#9

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Mickelson rolls in slow up and down waves. If he is down, he is down for a while.

I wonder if Nickalous had as much hype going into major tournaments as Tiger does (relative to the time period that is). Maybe snarg can remember.

no matter what jack did, arnold still got more hype when he was fighting it out with nicklaus
when palmer faded a bit with age, jack got his due, but never like tiger woods

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#10

snarg Wrote:no matter what jack did, arnold still got more hype when he was fighting it out with nicklaus
when palmer faded a bit with age, jack got his due, but never like tiger woods

Interesting. I guess that Nickalous was stealing Palmer's thunder a bit, kind of the young kid getting in the way. He probably wasn't liked very well by the mainstream golf fans for a while until Palmer actually did begin to fade.

I guess Tiger really didn't have anyone to overtake for center stage.
Reply
#11

there has never been anyone like tiger woods in my lifetime
he dominates his sport in a different way
all the others at least had some rivals, he has no one who pushes him consistently

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#12

snarg Wrote:there has never been anyone like tiger woods in my lifetime
he dominates his sport in a different way
all the others at least had some rivals, he has no one who pushes him consistently


You could replace the word tiger woods with the word Bird and the word sports with the word forum and that would make just as much sense.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#13

snarg Wrote:there has never been anyone like tiger woods in my lifetime
he dominates his sport in a different way
all the others at least had some rivals, he has no one who pushes him consistently

BIRD33 Wrote:You could replace the word tiger woods with the word Bird and the word sports with the word forum and that would make just as much sense.

While you are at it, you could replace "no one" with "clay" and "him" with "his colon"
Reply
#14

Chad Campbell is still on fire. -3 after 9 today. He might get a lead so big that no one can catch him no matter how far he falls.
Reply
#15

BIRD33 Wrote:You could blah, blah, blah, me, me me.Yes I am an idiot.

your moronic blatherings probably make you laugh out loud
good on ya, bobo

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#16

Tiger not having much of a day, but the scores are much lower today than they were yesterday. He's even today (2 birdies, 2 bogies) but tied for 13.

That spanish fuck, Cabrera, is near the top of the leaderboard. He's exactly the kind of guy that I hate to see win these.
Reply
#17

Damn, Kenny Perry looks really strong. Two great days back to back and now he is tied for the lead. That guy doesn't usually choke.

Another one to watch out for might be Anthony Kim. He's moving up the leaderboard pretty quickly right now.
Reply
#18

I hope if Tiger gets into a playoff they don't start on 18. He's bogied it twice in a row now.

Finished even for the day. Tied for 13th I think, 7 off of the lead.
Reply
#19

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Tiger not having much of a day, but the scores are much lower today than they were yesterday. He's even today (2 birdies, 2 bogies) but tied for 13.

That spanish fuck, Cabrera, is near the top of the leaderboard. He's exactly the kind of guy that I hate to see win these.

cabrera is from argentina
he is great to watch, no fucking aboot
addresses the ball and hits it, none of the bullshit agonizing like some of them

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#20

Nice 80 today Zach Johnson.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ntype
11-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Last Post by Sassy
04-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Banana pole
Banana
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Last Post by ntype
05-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Last Post by CT280
03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Paddy Pole
Banana
Last Post by Anhil8tor
03-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)