Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I think I'm in trouble...
#1

Or I could be. Some users at another forum I go to were posting links to furry hentai pics by some loser artist. Anyway, he found out, and is suing the admin to the forums for $800 large. So far, the site has been down since 10 tonight. This might attract attention to a rather large (approx. 9000 strong) society of software pirates and hackers, and the like. Now, I figured I was safe, but then the thought came to me. If they go for the forums, they might find out about our upload server. Basically, a bunch of shit that these people pirate that they upload to a server to share with this community. I've shared, and downloaded. If they get to the upload server before it gets wiped. I'm fucked. Someone help me feel better...please?

Shoot Straight . . . Conserve Ammo . . . And Never Ever Cut A Deal With A Dragon
Reply
#2

As much as I've tried, even my samuel Jackson soundboard can't cheer me up.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/sjackson.html

Shoot Straight . . . Conserve Ammo . . . And Never Ever Cut A Deal With A Dragon
Reply
#3

Undeadcannibal Wrote:Or I could be. Some users at another forum I go to were posting links to furry hentai pics by some loser artist. Anyway, he found out, and is suing the admin to the forums for $800 large. So far, the site has been down since 10 tonight. This might attract attention to a rather large (approx. 9000 strong) society of software pirates and hackers, and the like. Now, I figured I was safe, but then the thought came to me. If they go for the forums, they might find out about our upload server. Basically, a bunch of shit that these people pirate that they upload to a server to share with this community. I've shared, and downloaded. If they get to the upload server before it gets wiped. I'm fucked. Someone help me feel better...please?

I'll send you a care package when youre in jail...

??

Did that help?

j/k .. chances are, it will end up being nothing..

Minorthreat wishes
Reply
#4

thanks, Tammy. You're the best.

Shoot Straight . . . Conserve Ammo . . . And Never Ever Cut A Deal With A Dragon
Reply
#5

All is a question of logging.

If they kept extensive logs of everything occured you could be traced back (basically if you have a static ip that's bad for you), however if your ip changes everytime you connect (or from time to time) they could usually trace you back only for the period your isp keeps his logs from 1 month to 1 year, depends of your ISP logging policy; for example in Switzerland mine is commited by the law to keep at minimum 3 month of logging.

However they won't trace you back because you are using hotlinking. The "loser artist" should know how to procted his images files to prevent hotlinking.

This has been some kind of jurisprudence (can't give you details I'm not a legal) on that field; however it sounded like "using ressources of someone else is bad, however you can't be kept responsible if the other person should have known that this risks exists and he didn't took the dispositions to prevent that".

Clearly here everybody knows that you can "link images on boards" over the internet and the protection is usually an "image firewall" or basically he could embeed them in a flash file.

blah.
Reply
#6

Re-Boot.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#7

ok, well that's good. The forum is back up, seems that the server had a problem, it wasn't shut down. the loser artist dude hasn't done anything yet, only threatened. and the admin basically said what ntype said. I can stop freaking out...until my Detective Conan episodes finish dowloading. Then the party begins anew!!

Shoot Straight . . . Conserve Ammo . . . And Never Ever Cut A Deal With A Dragon
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
07-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Last Post by trouble
04-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Last Post by Sassy
09-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Last Post by Spyker
08-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Last Post by trouble
06-21-2006, 05:21 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)