Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Trying to fix up a Gateway computer...?
#1

Hello everyone,
I have a gateway computer that I've been trying to fix up - whenever I try to install Windows XP/2000/Ubuntu, it finds a bunch of errors.
I'd really like to get this computer working, it has a 300GB HD, TV inputs, USB ports out the wazoo, and all that other good stuff. Can someone help me with what to do.. or have a suggestion on what to replace?
Any help is appreciated.

I have formatted the hard drive (the Windows installation did it.)

The windows installation is to the point where its copying the installation files to the disk, then it gives me an error that it can't find/can't copy the file. The Linux installation just gives me cryptic errors before it even does anything.

Anything else? ask.
I just want to get it to a point where it's usable... I really don't care what operating system.
Reply
#2

Change HD.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#3

acid?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:acid?

I'd guess he's one of those who looks for exploits ....

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#5

Hahah ...
Kinda an oxymoron ...

Asking computer questions and he's from India ....

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#6

It's a gateway.
Best way to start is be throwing it out the window.
Reply
#7

leeman Wrote:Hahah ...
Kinda an oxymoron ...

Asking computer questions and he's from India ....

if he's from india, can he outsource the tech question to himself?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ntype
10-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Last Post by ntype
03-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Last Post by Fatfuckfrank
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Last Post by who
01-07-2007, 05:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)