Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Did I ever tell you how I kill entertainers?
#1

I started going to Vegas in the 80s. I'm a blackjack player by the way and card counter. I've done quite well over the years, but anyway on with my story.

I usually go see some commedian while I'm there.

The first one I saw was a guy named Dick Shawn. He was popular in the 60's and 70's in old movies like It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World. He was also on The Tonight Show a lot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11377[/ATTACH]

I actually met him in the elevator with my brother and talked to him and shook his hand. He was a nice guy and said we should come to his show. He was performing in the same hotel.

It was 1987. Just a few months after seeing him he died on stage while performing. Because he did a lot of physical stuff on stage people thought it was part of the act for a while.

A couple of years later I saw Sammy Davis Jr. and Jerry Lewis together in the same show. I always liked seeing the older performers because you never know how much longer they'll be around. I think it must have been 1989 because soon after news came that Sammy had throat cancer. He died in '90.

Then in '91 I saw Redd Foxx. Later that same year he died during a break from filming The Royale Family. Just like Dick Shawn people thought he was doing his "coming to join you Elizabeth" act and didn't think it was really a heart attack.

I saw Buddy Hackett and George Carlin too but they lasted a lot longer than the others.

Now if only Bird could get a stand up act. Smile


Attached Files
.jpg 180px-Dshawn..jpg Size: 8.18 KB  Downloads: 3

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#2

There's 52 of them if that helps.
Reply
#3

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:There's 52 of them if that helps.

And they all add up to 0.

A little card counting humor. We are a funny bunch.

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#4

You're an imbecile and a cocksucker.

80's? How fucking old are you?

Are you one of those idiots sitting in the $15 min game trying to count cards?

-SporK

Pre-order my book. I've written a bunch of material and we're currently shopping around for a publisher.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9892&stc=1]

-SPorK
Reply
#5

SporK Wrote:You're an imbecile and a cocksucker.

80's? How fucking old are you?

Are you one of those idiots sitting in the $15 min game trying to count cards?

-SporK

Blondie, squirt and Bam know my age.

I usually play $25 minimum tables and occasionally $100. I'm hoping to be playing more tournaments soon.

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#6

say it ain't so, bam.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#7

if you guys would stop talking to him he might go away
christ, get smart people

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#8

i was talking to bam, q.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#9

If you "started going to Vegas" in '87, assuming you were gambling and were of age (at least 18 +) that would put your birth year at around at least '69-'70ish. That's assuming you were that young, could have been younger than 18 and not gambling, or, in fact, much older, but since you said you and your brother decided to go to a comedy show, I'm going to venture you were indeed at least 18. Going with the aforementioned birth year, that would put you at or around at least early 40's.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say 42, +/- 5 years. I would have made the variation 3 years, but without knowing for sure if your initial trip was a family thing or if you were there on your own, it's hard to pinpoint.



And yes. If anyone was wondering, I'm bored atm, thought I'd give it a shot guessing his age given the information.
Reply
#10

snarg Wrote:if you guys would stop talking to him he might go away
christ, get smart people

Not anytime soon.

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#11

WoolyGoat Wrote:i was talking to bam, q.

Shocked that bams nice?

Typical. :lool:

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#12

snarg Wrote:if you guys would stop talking to him he might go away
christ, get smart people


Ignoring me wouldn't work.

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#13

Blondie Wrote:Shocked that bams nice?

Typical. :lool:

what?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#14

They talk, she's nice.

Yes, it is so. Really and truly.

ncbiker Wrote:Squirt, why in the fuck did you feel in necessary to follow Christy here? You are doing everything that Christy says you do.

WoolyGoat Wrote:squirt, will you at least admit you come here for her?
Reply
#15

WoolyGoat Wrote:what?

Don't even try dood.
Reply
#16

Reaper Wrote:If you "started going to Vegas" in '87, assuming you were gambling and were of age (at least 18 +) that would put your birth year at around at least '69-'70ish. That's assuming you were that young, could have been younger than 18 and not gambling, or, in fact, much older, but since you said you and your brother decided to go to a comedy show, I'm going to venture you were indeed at least 18. Going with the aforementioned birth year, that would put you at or around at least early 40's.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say 42, +/- 5 years. I would have made the variation 3 years, but without knowing for sure if your initial trip was a family thing or if you were there on your own, it's hard to pinpoint.



And yes. If anyone was wondering, I'm bored atm, thought I'd give it a shot guessing his age given the information.
He's in his mid to late 40's actually.
Reply
#17

My first birthday was a National Day of Mourning. True story. Sad

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#18

Nov 22, 1962. 47 years old.
Reply
#19

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Nov 22, 1962. 47 years old.

Nov 23, 1962. The next day after the assassination was the day of mourning. Wink

BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Reply
#20

Hey flumper take this piece of shit with you back to where you've been.thanks.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pickle
02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post by Michman
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Last Post by who
11-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Last Post by who
10-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Last Post by Bill
11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Last Post by who
03-24-2007, 10:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)